Daughter is sad at terrace changes

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Daughter is sad at terrace changes

Post by The Godfather »

http://www.northantset.co.uk/community/ ... witterfeed

"The daughter of football stalwart Peter De Banke is sad the football ground terrace named after her father has been changed to honour someone else."
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Diamond Warrior

Re: Daughter is sad at terrace changes

Post by Diamond Warrior »

It's no good Ladak saying 'I plan to write to her personally'. He should have done that before the change took place in my opinion.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

IL shouldn't feel that he needs to do anything. KC is the one who should have thought about it before it became part of the deal.

Let's be honest, KT fans dont want it, RDFC fans don't want it, Max isn't happy about it (understandably) and the DeBanke family aren't happy either (understandably). The only person who actually appears to want it is KC...
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Hopefully when AFC gets its own ground we can have the Peter De Banke terrace one end, and the Dale Roberts terrace the other. :)
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Sounds a great idea Barton Raz, wonder why it wasn,t thought of at Nene Park, call me a cynic but perhaps there was financial considerations?
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

it still baffles me why they've renamed it. dale was a diamond and will never be forgotten by afc r&dfc. is it il or kc that's calling the shots. either way they're doing their best at annoying everyone.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

also you would have thought they'd have been glad of some proper news / story. but i've just read tonights et and there was no mention of afc r&dfc's first match whatsoever. what a p1ss poor excuse of a local paper.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

There was a very good story on the ET website for a while this afternoon - wishing AFC good luck and looking at the need to keep the club's name alive - as well as including a picture of Tommo and highlighting the work Mark Starmer has done in the past with the youth system. For some reason it's gone offline at the moment.
Noddy

Post by Noddy »

therushden wrote:also you would have thought they'd have been glad of some proper news / story. but i've just read tonights et and there was no mention of afc r&dfc's first match whatsoever. what a p1ss poor excuse of a local paper.
They have published the letters from Sara De Banke and Tony Jones regarding the name change on page 8, and given over half a page to the new start tonight for AFC R&D on page 64 as well as listing it under tonights games. I think the ET have done quite a bit over the past few weeks in supporting the new club!
luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

Tonight's game is mentioned in Mark Lea's column in the sports pages. Also Tony Jones is in the letters page having written in about the renaming of the PDB.