Radio Northampton

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Radio Northampton

Post by BartonRaz »

JE just been on. Phil Jenkins on now. JE said he understands the deal with the Japanese consortium will be completed on Friday or Saturday. He also said he'd consider K*ttering job like he would any other.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
RushdenTillIDie

Re: Radio Northampton

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Does that imply he is looking for work or did it sound more like he's waiting to see what happens in the next few weeks with the takeover?
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

RushdenTillIDie wrote:Does that imply he is looking for work or did it sound more like he's waiting to see what happens in the next few weeks with the takeover?
If he gets offered a job I'd think he'd take it, no matter where it is, thats the harsh economies of life !! Top man, I wish him well.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

He said he'd worked hard to get to where he is with Diamonds, and isn't sure whether he'd be prepared to step down to Southern League level again. It sounded though (to be honest!) that he wasn't going to stay. He said that he was two or three years too early for the wages that Premier League footballers now get, and therefore needs to think about his family.

He thanked all the fans for the last couple of years, and said that last season was his personal highlight given all the challenges we faced off the field.

Unrelated to JE, they said on Radio Northampton that this group is a property development company (or something of that ilk), and as part of the deal to buy Rushden & Diamonds they would look to develop areas of the land.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

PigmanRDFC wrote:
RushdenTillIDie wrote:Does that imply he is looking for work or did it sound more like he's waiting to see what happens in the next few weeks with the takeover?
If he gets offered a job I'd think he'd take it, no matter where it is, thats the harsh economies of life !! Top man, I wish him well.
Oh yeah absolutely and i wouldn't begrudge him that...just would be a shame if something crawley...no better chelseaesque were to happen ;) and he wasn't there to guide us
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

PigmanRDFC wrote:
He'd be daft NOT to take it to be fair. Good luck to the man, even if he takes over at K*ttering (I just hope they get beat every week ;) :lol: )
AFC R & D member number 34
smiggy123

Post by smiggy123 »

It said on the 1pm news that that japenese company will clear the clubs debt of £750k by june 18th
BBC_Northampton_JW

Post by BBC_Northampton_JW »

Apologies for any confusion. The debt that was announced in Court today was in the region of £300,000 to £350,000.

The amount the consortium are said to be putting in is £750,000.

The club's lawyer said that was to cover the creditors debts and ALSO be an investment - not necessarily an announcement that the debts are £750,000.

Hope that's clearer.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Wow. Thanks for clearing that up. So £400k and maybe, just maybe this new ownership can start sweating the facilities, coffee shops, conferencing and all. *crosses fingers*
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there any chance of us staying in the BSP premier if this proposed investment goes through?
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1