R&D v Mansfield

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
RushdenTillIDie

Re: R&D v Mansfield

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

get in! that was lovely viewing...even though we were a bit average - don't think we had a shot second half...gotta get better, but play like that and come out with a win, is a positive sign - roll on next week
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Hell of a defensive display but nothing up front. The fact we didn't lose was pure luck and bad finishing.

Got to improve up front and i'm not sure what Johnson brings to this team currently, and as for Spence.....

I think i'm forgetting we actually won! Good result on paper and well done to the defence/keeper.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Great defensive display but very nervy, not sure how that one-on-one wasn't put in and when they hit the crossbar I assumed it was in off the bar. Great save by Day in the first half as well. 6th in the table, my nose is bleeding! :D
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
OundleDiamond

Post by OundleDiamond »

BartonRaz wrote:Hell of a defensive display but nothing up front. The fact we didn't lose was pure luck and bad finishing.

Got to improve up front and i'm not sure what Johnson brings to this team currently, and as for Spence.....

I think i'm forgetting we actually won! Good result on paper and well done to the defence/keeper.
I thought Johnson was very good when he was playing in the middle. Won most of his headers, some good tackles and passed well. He was much worse out wide and is wasted there. Keep him in the middle in a 4-3-3.

Solid performance with nothing up front. Sills, Howe and O'Connor could be one of the best front 3's in this league on paper, but didn't really have any service. We could do with a playmaker.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Johnson is dead on his feet, wouldn't be at all surprised to see him rested next week. We have to remember and take into account his age and the fact that he hadn't played full time until this season. He's done well so far...and his legs are very easy on the eye ;)

Joe Day is a revelation, he has grown in confidence and really showed today what he's capable of. So very pleased for him :)

All in all a good week, 2 games 6 points, it doesn't get much better than that!
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 87 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

1,129 home fans. Not bad at all.
mac

Post by mac »

Apart from kicking the keeper did very well Johnston ran out of legs and looked dead on his feet .We got away with it today I know he scored but Sills does not bring enough we look far better 4-4-2
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

A win is a win ,wether ugly or fantastic you get no extra points,this is consistency that may just put us in the mix after xmas.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

mac wrote:Apart from kicking the keeper did very well Johnston ran out of legs and looked dead on his feet .We got away with it today I know he scored but Sills does not bring enough we look far better 4-4-2

I wish he'd catch more instead of punching all of the time
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
mac wrote:Apart from kicking the keeper did very well Johnston ran out of legs and looked dead on his feet .We got away with it today I know he scored but Sills does not bring enough we look far better 4-4-2

I wish he'd catch more instead of punching all of the time

He caught loads of their free kicks and long balls, taking lots of pressure of the defence. Made a great save against mills's volley and stood tall when their winger was through one on one.. What more do you want him to do??
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.