The team has yet to "gel".....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: The team has yet to "gel".....

Post by Trek »

Sara Pascoe wrote:I like Miller at RB but Osano gave us a bit more pace and power and he wasn't afraid to cut inside and really run at the defence and open up some space for the other forwards.

3 goals from Windy this season. None for Osano who unfortunately always has a tendency to go AWOL.

The improved performance after Sills departure was due to changes other than Curtis's switch to right back.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

we can't have our players looking like this :lol: GEL UP BOYS ;)

AFC R & D member number 34
Steve

Post by Steve »

Personally I have never really bought into the whole idea of a team gelling. I'm not saying it's irrelevant, of course if you throw a bunch of lads together and say 'play football' there are gonna be some teething troubles, but IMO at this stage of the season most of the gelling should of happened.

It's not as though v Mansfield this weekend the players are suddenly going to know exactly where each other are and know the runs/passes they are going to make instantly or we'd be playing amazing football and winning every week.

All my opinion of course :) ;)
Two of Diamonds wrote:Actually I thought Miller was doing a decent job last night and was suprised when he was taken off. Osano was awful at centre-half and we really need to get a replacement. He was better at right back.
Agree with all this, but I think we already have a replacement CB in Huke. He played there v Wombles and Darlo and did superbly. He seems a brilliant defender but he cannot pass, or in fact do anything attacking.

As for the team, I thought we could of done this, or could try this line up, just out of interest. It popped into my head earlier and I thought it seemed pretty amazing

GK
Miller Huke Stuart Robinson
Osano Max Johnson Day
Az Howe

Only problem would be leaving Sills out but in the two home games I have seen him he has not been as effective as hoped for.