Next up - Darlo

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Next up - Darlo

Post by Three of Diamonds »

With Cooperman in tow. Well, we've lost 1 in our last 5 games so maybe there's a little form beginning to develop? The last thing we need to do is lose to Darlo. Coops will come for a point, so we need to be sharp in front of goal and take our chances when they come. Stick with the same starting line-up I say.
AFC R & D member number 34
rdfcwilson

Re: Next up - Darlo

Post by rdfcwilson »

easy win, 78-1 FACT!!!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Two of Diamonds wrote:With Cooperman in tow. Well, we've lost 1 in our last 5 games so maybe there's a little form beginning to develop? The last thing we need to do is lose to Darlo. Coops will come for a point, so we need to be sharp in front of goal and take our chances when they come. Stick with the same starting line-up I say.
Agree, I think we should be aiming for 4 points over the next week, as they're both home games.

Would love to see us score some more goals at home, after 2 in each of our last 3 away games.

What sort of reception is Mr. Terry going to receive I wonder? :) Perhaps its a good thing Day is in goal for this game.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Steve wrote:
Two of Diamonds wrote:With Cooperman in tow. Well, we've lost 1 in our last 5 games so maybe there's a little form beginning to develop? The last thing we need to do is lose to Darlo. Coops will come for a point, so we need to be sharp in front of goal and take our chances when they come. Stick with the same starting line-up I say.
Agree, I think we should be aiming for 4 points over the next week, as they're both home games.

Would love to see us score some more goals at home, after 2 in each of our last 3 away games.

What sort of reception is Mr. Terry going to receive I wonder? :) Perhaps its a good thing Day is in goal for this game.
Only give him one at the end. Ignoring him for the full 90 minutes will be a better treatment for him than to give him the same sort of stick his brother gets, whilst getting behind our team 100% to try and get 3pts. Let's help the team win the game first, it would make any stick he gets at the end all the more sweeter.
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

Im Gutted Roberts is a doubt to be playing i was looking forward to the infamous Terry - Roberts Handshake Does he, Doesn't he etc

I agree with you Terry may Rise to the booing i think that although Roberts isnt Playing i think it would be just as Good to Sing his name for the 90 minutes to show where our support lies then we can get a bit cocky at the end if things go well or bad..

Does Anybody Have any Terry Chants?
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

DiamondsR4ever wrote:Im Gutted Roberts is a doubt to be playing i was looking forward to the infamous Terry - Roberts Handshake Does he, Doesn't he etc

I agree with you Terry may Rise to the booing i think that although Roberts isnt Playingi think it would be just as Good to Sing his name for the 90 minutes to show where our support lies then we can get a bit cocky at the end if things go well or bad..

Does Anybody Have any Terry Chants?
That would be a far more fitting gesture! :)
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

It would be nice if we could go 90 minutes without any booing/derogatory chanting towards Terry. I like the idea of making our support towards Dale known however. :)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

It would be a little unfair on Joe Day if we sing Dale's name for the entire 90 minutes, even given the circumstances.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Steve

Post by Steve »

davealbon wrote:It would be a little unfair on Joe Day if we sing Dale's name for the entire 90 minutes, even given the circumstances.
Need to get Joe a chant too then. ;)

Think he needs one, the gk - PDB relationship is always a special one. :D
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

DiamondsR4ever wrote:...Does Anybody Have any Terry Chants?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW7aFrm2FZM
Click the first two links in the video description. It's a bit old but i think it would be pretty fuuny IMO.