Todays game

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Todays game

Post by Rushdenjim »

Here is my opinion from todays game, it will be a hardline report but here goes...

Firstly, Joe Day - at fault for the second if not both, almost gifted them a 3 deep into added time. Hes poor at kicking and even poorer at crosses, i remember KC making a remark about Alan Marroitt and a Vampire. Day is alot alot worse, hes too young I think. I noticed in the first half Joe went to take a goal kick and he recieived some real stick from the home support about something, he then went and stuck the goal kick high into the stand. Didnt really have must to do today and what he did, half the it, he fucked up. IMO with Dale in goal its a 2-0 win all day long!

Secondly, I thought the defence managed remarkably well with the 'over the top' tatics. JS especially was on top form, a natural team player and dependable. Jamie Day was excellent in defence and attacking down the side. The midfield struggled abit today to collect the ball and get it on the floor, which ment az came deep to try and collect the ball and run with it, but everytime he got it, he ran and ran and ran, never did i see him cross it or anythink, no team player in Az at all today and Big tim stuggled to get an attack of goal because he would win the 1st ball get in too Az then he wouldnt see the ball again, a real shame because he is a proven player at this level

and 3rdly, LOL at the bloke in the home end, wouldnt stop having a go at us and even when we just giggled to ourselfs he continued on his attack and managed to tell us enough time too convince himself that Rushden is in Birmingham and we are all brummies! Maybe one day he will relise that we are about as close to Birmingham that he was to getting a shag, ugly fay c*nt!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: Todays game

Post by BartonRaz »

It has been fairly obvious since his first game that Day's kicking is seriously suspect, but its a shame to see that he was getting even the basics wrong today.

As for O'Connor, i don't necessarily see that as a bad thing, i think he looks most dangerous when he is running with the ball.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

There was absolutely nothing Joe could do about the first goal today and very little he could do about the second. Although the ball was only about 6 yards from goal by the time the header came in for their second, the cross was excellent and curled in late making it very difficult for the 'keeper.

If you feel the need to blame somone for the second goal, then I would suggest Jamie Day who dived in stupidly and gave away an unnecessary free kick in such a dangerous position. Shame, because that moment aside he was outstanding today.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
OsanoIsKing

Post by OsanoIsKing »

davealbon wrote:There was absolutely nothing Joe could do about the first goal today and very little he could do about the second. Although the ball was only about 6 yards from goal by the time the header came in for their second, the cross was excellent and curled in late making it very difficult for the 'keeper.

If you feel the need to blame somone for the second goal, then I would suggest Jamie Day who dived in stupidly and gave away an unnecessary free kick in such a dangerous position. Shame, because that moment aside he was outstanding today.
Agreed. If Dale was in goal nobody would have questioned him saving either goal, being a bit harsh on Joe if you ask me.

Sills didn't have much into him, but when he did I don't think he looked to sharp. Give it a few games and hopefully it'll return...

As for the Alty fans, what a bunch of t*ssers :roll:. Typical Northern b*stards!
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Looking at that footage, I can't really blame Joe for either goal. The first saw Miller being beaten far too easily, the second one Joe could have came and cleared everyone out, but there was a defender challenging. He wont be happy at being beaten by his near post though.
AFC R & D member number 34
davealbon

Post by davealbon »

Two of Diamonds wrote:Looking at that footage, I can't really blame Joe for either goal. The first saw Miller being beaten far too easily, the second one Joe could have came and cleared everyone out, but there was a defender challenging. He wont be happy at being beaten by his near post though.
It was actually Porter who got skinned for their 1st goal, Miller then tried to get back and block the cross but got there just too late. In fairness, Alty's left winger looked a really good player, and was their only real threat all game.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Personally, I thought it was a foul throw before the first goal, although they are never given. Also, why the hell was there an advertising board for Man Utd.com?! Bizarre
davealbon

Post by davealbon »

jimbobjaw wrote:Personally, I thought it was a foul throw before the first goal, although they are never given. Also, why the hell was there an advertising board for Man Utd.com?! Bizarre
I believe United's youth or reserve team play their games at Moss Lane. Besides, Alty's fans are all just impoverished Man U fans who can't afford to go to Old Trafford. ;) :lol:
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

davealbon wrote:
jimbobjaw wrote:Personally, I thought it was a foul throw before the first goal, although they are never given. Also, why the hell was there an advertising board for Man Utd.com?! Bizarre
I believe United's youth or reserve team play their games at Moss Lane. Besides, Alty's fans are all just impoverished Man U fans who can't afford to go to Old Trafford. ;) :lol:
Indeed they do:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester ... nd_Academy

Tbh, we may make fun of that, but it must bring in a decent amount of cash for them.