This season's attendances !!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: This season's attendances !!

Post by Pigman »

I agree with what you say there about affordability ToD, but I would add I think the club has shot itself in the foot with the prices it charges for standing. If you're a potentially new supporter, perhaps moved to the area and want to check out the local team, are you really going to pay £17, the cheapest ticket on offer for an adult?

We're not innovative enough with our ticketing arrangements, we need to start getting clever with deals to tempt people along - the sheep dip approach to ticketing we've just seen has cost us some fans (myself included) and it'll be difficult to win them back (myself included) to Nene Park. I at least have the choice to join the Trust and get a discount, a new fan will just walk away !!

I'll be sat at home watching the Mansfield game on the telly; money lost due to a lack of imagination and (perhaps?) a grasping attitude to money (PDB fans are loyal, they'll pay up, easiest option)!!

It'll be very different at NP when I win my Euro Millions and take the club off of KC's hands ;) :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Huntersboyz

Post by Huntersboyz »

Still havnt been to game yet this season, cant bring myself to pay 17 quid for this level of football. Will only bother with a few bigger games, atmosphere makes a difference
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

936 home fans tonight !!! :D A gate of 1034 overall - not what I expected at all. Sure it was a mid-week fixture so only 98 away fans, but that is pretty poor. I'd love to know why the crowds have dropped away like this, is it all down to money??

There were some shocking attendances last night - Kiddy 937, Histon 368, Hayes 362......even Luton didn't break 7k for a table topper !!
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

Attendances last night were not helped by the idiots that pit the fixtures together, for example last night a Tuesday darlington travel all the way down here while K*ttering travel all the way to York.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

PigmanRDFC wrote:936 home fans tonight !!! :D
Why does that make you happy? This whole act is just getting petty now..
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Mat.H wrote:Attendances last night were not helped by the idiots that pit the fixtures together, for example last night a Tuesday darlington travel all the way down here while K*ttering travel all the way to York.
I think there's to many fixtures that have distance between them, to make them all Saturday games.
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

When the club goes bust because of lower and lower attendance’s you will see who was right. Eh? :o
scot

Post by scot »

PigmanRDFC wrote:936 home fans tonight !!! :D A gate of 1034 overall - not what I expected at all. Sure it was a mid-week fixture so only 98 away fans, but that is pretty poor. I'd love to know why the crowds have dropped away like this, is it all down to money??

There were some shocking attendances last night - Kiddy 937, Histon 368, Hayes 362......even Luton didn't break 7k for a table topper !!
I my case it i miss alot of mid-week fixtures due to being put back on shifts :evil: .the missus won't go without me so thats two off last nights gate.

Its affecting Kiddy.Up for sale

.http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 066596.stm
Last edited by scot on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AFC R&D Member 480
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

coltrane wrote:When the club goes bust because of lower and lower attendance’s you will see who was right. Eh? :o
In fairness, raising the prices was never Pigman's decision so he cannot be blamed for either of those. The club made it's choice, the supporters make theirs.
AFC R & D member number 34
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

DiamondsFan wrote:
PigmanRDFC wrote:936 home fans tonight !!! :D
Why does that make you happy? This whole act is just getting petty now..
In my defence that was meant to be a :shock: rather than a :D , I must have clicked on the wrong Smiley, I assure you I take NO pleasure in seeing the club's support ebb away the way it is - but you didn't have to be a rocket scientist to see that was going to happen the minute they adopted those prices !!

Fingers crossed for a much better attendance at the weekend when Mansfield come a calling. Just because I've decided not to go to home matches I take no solice in the fact that many others appear to agree with my feelings on the matter, if you knew me personally you'd know that !