Pet hates with football

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Pet hates with football

Post by Rushdenjim »

Watching highlights of Leeds Vs Preston (which was a cracking game btw) made me relise of something that has happened far too much so far in the early stages of this season - booing your team off. Arse fans were doing it after they loss to WBA on saturday, and even after that great start to the season, one poor defeat and the fans are booing them off the pitch, same with leeds. A start thats not to bad then a poor game like that and they are getting booed off the pitch, what makes it worse is we only just 1/4 of the way through the season. I really dislike booing my team, and only do so when we are towards the back end of a poor season or dont not agree with the man who is in charge and the only time ive booed Rushden is when Benny Hill was in charge ( I remember eversham very well) and i dont think it really happened AS MUCH the futher down hte leagues you go but booing 10 games into the season after one poor perfomance just shows how fickle some fans of higher clubs can really be.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: Pet hates with football

Post by BartonRaz »

If we conceeded 6 goals at home to one of the bottom teams in the league i'd bloody boo! Let alone being 4-1 up first!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Yes, well, none of you were at that game... :(

I didn't boo, I never boo, tell a lie, I booed at Stevenage away when we finally all snapped in unison against Hill. I don't generally see the point but can see why people might.

Fortunately at the end of the Leeds game the boos were drowned out by 'We all love Leeds'.

What's worse is football fans reaction after games, on here people go nuts after a loss or two in a row (hence the old banner) on waccoe every Leeds player other than Somma who played that night has had someone call for them to be shipped out and a number have called for Grayson's head.

I know of no other set of sports fans (and I attend pretty much every sport I get the chance to this side of Boxing) who react in the same way. Leeds Rhinos this season had a poor season, but everyone knew that at one point in the season we had 11 first teamers out. Williams haven't done great but the fans have taken 5 years to start asking if Sam Michael should leave to help the team out. YCCC nearly got relegated last season, but people weren't raging against their own players.

It's fickleness that bugs me every time, a few games ago Leeds could do no wrong for the fans, now they're baying for blood. Same on here, after the K*ttering game we were on a massive high, two losses later and we're 'lucky to scrape top half this season'.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

I've never booed and never will do.
As far as your rant against fickleness, if you read the comments they are mostly based on eye witness reports from people that have actually attended the games. It is their own opinions and as paying customers they have every right to their opinion.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

I hate hearing people boo their own team, apart from in the most extreme circumstances - Crawley away (4-1) and the Evesham game are the only 2 in recent years that I can recall (although I boycotted several away games towards the end of Benny's tenure).

Criticising the players/management on here after games is a bit different as it is not directly aimed at the team (even though some of them use the forum), and it is unlikely to have a detrimental affect on them during matches. Unnecessary or over the top criticism on here still winds me up almost as much as booing though, but at least there are usually a few voices to put people in their place! ;)

I think we have a fairly tolerant support overall. At Banbury last week the supporters started moaning at the players straight from kick off, and in a ground with only 200 people I'm sure they could hear just about every word of it. At least they didn't start on Nabil though, otherwise I would have had to intervene! :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I booed P.Hart away at Northwich in a disgracefully lame defeat. I even threw my scarf on the team bus, then quickly realised it cost me money so went and got it back :lol:
AFC R & D member number 34
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I booed Crawley at home in 2008 (when I wanted Hill gone), Tamworth in the FA Cup in 2006. Both completely justified, especially the first one.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

Would never boo but as a Leeds born and bred lad and know what the passion is about, I was ABSOLUTELY shocked at the result against Preston and for once I woudn't have moaned at those who showed their displeasure. Never in the history of the club, have Leeds conceeded 6 goals at Elland Road, it is an ABSOLUTE discrace and Grayson should hang his head in shame.

I know this is my local club's site (who I have supported for the past 16 years) - and who on here really gives a fig about LUFC, (apart from WWODB), but I have to say Simon Grayson is not up for the job at Leeds - perhaps he should make a move for the vacancy at Leicester, more in his compass.

On a brighter note - a great mid-week away win, looking forward to another one tomorrow at Alty.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Dukes wrote:Would never boo but as a Leeds born and bred lad and know what the passion is about, I was ABSOLUTELY shocked at the result against Preston and for once I woudn't have moaned at those who showed their displeasure. Never in the history of the club, have Leeds conceeded 6 goals at Elland Road, it is an ABSOLUTE discrace and Grayson should hang his head in shame.

I know this is my local club's site (who I have supported for the past 16 years) - and who on here really gives a fig about LUFC, (apart from WWODB), but I have to say Simon Grayson is not up for the job at Leeds - perhaps he should make a move for the vacancy at Leicester, more in his compass.
:lol:

Oh dear.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I booed after our first game back in the Conference, a 1-0 loss against a Crawley team that had been put together 3/4 days before.

I also booed against Tamworth in the Fa Cup as in my opinion that was a deliberate attempt by then manager Tony Godden to sabotage our chances of progressing.

I didn't boo at Evesham, i just sat in shock at what was unfolding.
Last edited by BartonRaz on Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291