Rushden V Newport C Match Thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dukes

Re: Rushden V Newport C Match Thread

Post by Dukes »

We dominated throughout but had no cutting edge. Apart from the 'goal' Dale only had one shot to save. They were a typical non-league eleven, very much in the Histon mode and made it very difficult for us to penetrate a very tight back 4 and defensive mid-field. Saying that, we were clueless in creating opportunities, why play wingers if 90% of the forward movement goes through the middle?

Another annoying thing was the taking free kicks too quickly. - here were golden opportunities to place the ball into their box with our big lads in there - what did we do...knock the ball a few yards to a player not ready for it and lose possession. Need more direct play down the flanks - and yes a little bit of route one football at time

We let a very average team take three points.

Too fancy, too many touches, too much through the middle and too easy for the opponents, no wonder JE is steaming...

On a bright note I have to say we have some excellent players that I feel once organised and drilled in JE's desired fashion, will do well later in the season - but not too much later. Time for the hair dryer treatment...
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Sara Pascoe wrote:
rudolph_hucker wrote:
Sara Pascoe wrote:Defensive cock-up between Dale and Stuart I think, 1-0. We didn't see those last season. Newport will time waste now. :(

It was Osano, he only needed to head the ball back to Dale, but with two players breathing down his neck he decided once again to play smart arse instead of doing the simple safe thing.
Apologies for the mistake, anyway it was poor and if that hadn't gone in it would've been a dire 0-0 game, which was what was said about York as well. So our problem's are defensive lapses and not looking at all threatening up front.

No need to apologise.
You summed up our problems pretty succinctly there.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

I'd forgotten what it felt like to lose at home (York in December was our last) and now I know, it feels awful. Especially as the performance was dreadful. After the Wimbledon/Grimsby games I honestly thought we were going to go on one of our runs like last season as they looked very decent but how wrong I was, we looked clueless going forward a lot of the time, passing was poor and that freekick in the 78th minute where whoever took it overhit the simple pass summed it all up.

As much as I don't want to say it but I really am not sure where the goals are going to come from this season, cause other than the grimsby game we haven't scored more than one.

Also I'm sure I'm not the only one that isn't amazed that pr*ck Henry didn't even get spoken to after he clearly backheeled Jamie Day in the face, didn't catch all of the scuffle so Day could have done something to him as well but the referee was absolutely pathetic in not doing anything about it.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Once again, we were the architects of our own demise. We gifted them a soft goal, then proceeded to do fcuk all about delivering a quality service to the front men. It was boys against men and we were beaten by a poor looking side that came and scrapped it out. In short, we were shit.
Dominic Green can piss off and do nothing somewhere else if that's the best he has to offer, his headless chicken runs into nowhere are a waste of a shirt, (bring back Pattison) and it's time to start with Keehan, we're badly lacking any effective wide players. JE and PD HAVE to sort out the engine room of midfield, it's lacking forward movement, stands watching whilst others players in the team are looking for a pass and constantly passes backwards or sideways. For one horrible moment I thought Steve Stott was back.
Poor, poor, poor.
AFC R & D member number 34
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

I hear that Justin is so pissed off that the Ist team are in for trainig tomorrow morning, i would make them work at the car boot
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

Yeah he defiantly said "training tomorrow" . Don't know if he meant Monday. If anyone is going car boot tomorrow let us know
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

coolcuts wrote:Yeah he defiantly said "training tomorrow" . Don't know if he meant Monday. If anyone is going car boot tomorrow let us know
Yeah he mentioned training tommorrow. He didn't specify a time, so I would guess it would be afternoon to avoid the car boot.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I doubt JE gives a flying f*** about a car boot sale. Put the players in it.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

I know he only got the last 20 minutes, but what doe's Lewwis Spence do when he's on? I find his contribution almost comical and if i was Keehan or York (not that i've seen him play), i'd be rather pissed of that this guy makes the bench ahead of me!
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

The players have trained on Sundays when the Car Boot is on.

They were there the bank Holiday Sunday after Grimsby game during when the car boot was on. Although there was a Monday game then, I can't see him not making them train..

I'm buying at the car boot tomorrow but early so they might not be there till after I'm home.