Tv Deal

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Tv Deal

Post by Rushdenjim »

The first two games have been selected for this weekend and next! One being on a saturday at 5.15 and the other on Sunday. soo Signs are good that we will aviod most of the thursday night problems with setanta

This is a quote from them on the issue:
One of the biggest problems in the past was that fans and clubs travel arrangements were comprised by changes to schedule. Are you aware of this?
Yes, it has come up a number of times in discussions with the conference and in emails received from supporters. We understand some fans like to make travel arrangements well in advance and night-time kick-off’s do not always suit supporters. We have selected the first 10 games based on discussions with the conference and will attempt to strike a balance, although you will understand that this is not always easy given that live football seems to be on most nights now. Going forward we will try and give as much notice as possible to clubs and fans but this will of course become harder as the end of the season approaches.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Re: Tv Deal

Post by Biggles »

They were supposed to announce the next ten games yesterday but posponed it and now are supposed to announce six more games today and six more at the end of next week.

On the Non League show the other week they were alluding that most games would be on Thursday evenings again, fingers crossed hopefully not but i can see games from Saturday being moved again.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Just been going thru the blurb online to sign up for the TV deal. Suddenly I see there's also an extra "admin fee" of £5 and mention of a "registration fee". Has anyone on here actually signed up for this deal and how much is it to get going please?
AFC R & D member number 34
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Two of Diamonds wrote:Just been going thru the blurb online to sign up for the TV deal. Suddenly I see there's also an extra "admin fee" of £5 and mention of a "registration fee". Has anyone on here actually signed up for this deal and how much is it to get going please?
I noticed on a number of other boards have warned about that £5 hidden admin cost. I would wait personally until we've heard accounts of what it is like after the Grimsby Vs Luton match has been played (first TV game).
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I won't be signing up because they're clearly pissing about with the fans, who had to endure Setanta for a couple of seasons and it was an arseache affecting even those that weren't shown on telly. I'll assume that most of the games will be on illegal streaming sites anyway, it's obviously wrong to do but if everyone that was thinking of signing up just watched the game online instead it would send a message to them not to f*** us about.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Sara Pascoe wrote:I won't be signing up because they're clearly pissing about with the fans, who had to endure Setanta for a couple of seasons and it was an arseache affecting even those that weren't shown on telly. I'll assume that most of the games will be on illegal streaming sites anyway, it's obviously wrong to do but if everyone that was thinking of signing up just watched the game online instead it would send a message to them not to f*** us about.
No one wants to be fcuked about but at the end of the day if there is a chance your club can make money from it then why cut off your nose to spite your face? You're sending a message to every TV company that you wont sign up cos you are being messed about, sounds very selfish to me. There's gotta be a huge difference between sitting on my sofa in front of my telly with a beer and snacks and relying on a poor online stream from my office. It's much cheaper than Sultanta-ta-ta was as well.
AFC R & D member number 34
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

So far so good with the mucking about with fixture dates as the 5 games chosen so far have only been moved a day either way from Saturday to Friday or Tuesday to Monday.

It also looks like that the TV Company is liasing with the Clubs as to the dates of future games but i do get the feeling that maybe the first few games were the easy ones to move that why only a few games at a time are released and that some of the other games chosen may inconvience the fans more than the others have so far.

Eventhough some fans are moaning about this deal so far the TV company seem to be working with the clubs and maybe instead of bitching we should give them a chance and see what happens with the coverage and money it may bring to the clubs.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Two of Diamonds wrote:
Sara Pascoe wrote:I won't be signing up because they're clearly pissing about with the fans, who had to endure Setanta for a couple of seasons and it was an arseache affecting even those that weren't shown on telly. I'll assume that most of the games will be on illegal streaming sites anyway, it's obviously wrong to do but if everyone that was thinking of signing up just watched the game online instead it would send a message to them not to f*** us about.
No one wants to be fcuked about but at the end of the day if there is a chance your club can make money from it then why cut off your nose to spite your face? You're sending a message to every TV company that you wont sign up cos you are being messed about, sounds very selfish to me. There's gotta be a huge difference between sitting on my sofa in front of my telly with a beer and snacks and relying on a poor online stream from my office. It's much cheaper than Sultanta-ta-ta was as well.
I agree to an extent, but if the income generated by having our matches screened live is less than the money lost by moving the games to inconvenient times for supporters, then Sara has a valid point. I don't know what we are likely to make from being live on Premier Sports, but I imagine it will be very little indeed, and wouldn't take many fans to not turn up to see us out of pocket.

I really hope I am proved wrong about the finances, and that games are still on at a sensible time. It is a step in the right direction if nothing else, and at least the Conference board are doing something to try and generate much needed income for it's clubs.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297