Richard Brodie

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: Richard Brodie

Post by Pigman »

Hmmmm not sure I totally agree - MK Dongs weren't that far away (althouygh I recognise they weren't there when we first started) and we already had the Knobblers to compete with, I see where you're coming from, but I see very little difference to be honest.

The fact it took us go long to progress was more down to managerial incompetence than anything else. Sure, BT got us there in the end, but I reckon if we'd had a manager such as Steve Cotterill we would have been there 3 years earlier.

It'll be interesting to see how everyone reacts though, when we were throwing the cash around everyone raised their game and it became so much harder for us, its a case of seeing if Crawley players have the bottle for the fight eh?? You rarely see a side get out of this Div playing attractive football.

It'll all end in tears though ......
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

PigmanRDFC wrote:Hmmmm not sure I totally agree - MK Dongs weren't that far away (althouygh I recognise they weren't there when we first started) and we already had the Knobblers to compete with, I see where you're coming from, but I see very little difference to be honest.

It'll all end in tears though ......
Yeah, I'm comparing it to when we first started since the Franchise came about not long before the money went. Wobblers were struggling in the old Third Division at the time and should have been relegated to non league in 1994. Also for all intents and purposes Brighton are a far bigger club than the Wobbs and MK Dons. Had there been a Brighton equivalent then it would not have made sense.

Agree on the last point.
RDFC360

Post by RDFC360 »

And two of the strikers left at York, a Mr Rankine and Gash could face going to prison!

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/8367243 ... tre_brawl/
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

A key difference is that we owned our ground where as Crawley rent theirs from the council. Also the 'investors' that are pumping in the money are completely unknown and could potentially pull out their investment at any time. Although Max put in huge amounts of money our success was gradual and not overnight. You get the impression with Crawley that its shit or bust!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
LuckyHeather

Post by LuckyHeather »

Here is a very informative article on the smug cheating twat Evans himself.

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=8698