Transfer Deadline Day Thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Post by Mad Dog »

Let's not speculate about something that has very little basis in fact. If something happened with any of our players, fine.

Too many wild speculations end up becoming facts on here and degenerating into witch hunts.
MEMAN53

Post by MEMAN53 »

Expect 1 signing before the deadline, possibly a defender.
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

Curtis was good today and as JE said on radio cobblers after the match, playng at CB keeps him more in the game rather than at RB. But it is early days and clubs looking at him will want to see performances like that over a longer period and not just the opening few games. I believe Curtis will be here until at least January.
Fry watching him will just put a marker down and I don't doubt he will be monitored from now on but one or two good performances don't rate in the present economic situation.
As another example, if Fry had warched the previous two home games he might be thinking of following Robinson's progress - but on todays evidence I think not.
My point being is that it is very early days and what scouts/managers are looking for is consistency over time - take how long it took Tomlin to prove himself in our league and then to clubs at a higher level.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Crawley secured a last minute deal to sign Richard Brodie from York, with the fee rumoured to be £275k! :shock: So, we no longer hold the record for the most expensive non-league signing! :D

Brodie and Crawley are a match made in heaven (or should that be hell?); the biggest c**t on the pitch in the entire league, teaming up with the biggest c**t off the pitch probably in the entire game, at the most loathed club in the league!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
MEMAN53

Post by MEMAN53 »

Scrambled through the undergrowth and have found this site.

Strangely quiet still !
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Thanks to Barton Raz I've only just found it. It's probably the same case for a lot of people.