Worst....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Worst....

Post by Pigman »

.....derby game ever I reckon !! Poor atmosphere too - but who cares, I still enjoyed it (my first game of the season remember) and in a game like this, the result was everything !! On to York, looking forward to it already, b&b confirmed, travelling up Friday evening and making a weekend of it !! :D

We really ought to give them a chance now, W9 D5 L1, perhaps we should start with 10 men next time ............they'd probably still lose :lol:

On a serious note -these are the games to win - I saw enough out there today to realise we have a decent set of players who once they gel, will do us proud, I may have to review my midtable pre-season prediction !! ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: Worst....

Post by therushden »

i remember the days when it used to be a red hot atmosphere there. they're still shit, we've got no money. it's as if the edge has gone off the tie.
still. a win's a win.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

I knew your passion for our Club hadn't gone far Pigman...glad you made it today :)
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Mad Dog
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Rivalries change in terms of nature and intensity. They are our traditional local rivals, but with the derby being so one sided and having had such a long gap between playing each other prior to a few years ago, I think it's losing it's edge. Also as one of their lot put, we used to have all the cash, so for them it meant more to try and beat us.

Long term, I can see them switching back to Corby as their main rivals, because of the traditional dislike between the two towns and the growing likelihood they will play each other in the near future (plus Corby having a bit of money behind them as well). Us, it depends. If the rivalry becomes less one sided and we become competitive as well as traditional rivals, it could return to earlier levels.

My own view is if we got back into the Football League, it would continue to decline to what it was in the Football, although would probably flare back up if there was a chance of playing each other again and a win had league or cup importance.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Mad Dog wrote:Rivalries change in terms of nature and intensity. They are our traditional local rivals, but with the derby being so one sided and having had such a long gap between playing each other prior to a few years ago, I think it's losing it's edge. Also as one of their lot put, we used to have all the cash, so for them it meant more to try and beat us.

Long term, I can see them switching back to Corby as their main rivals, because of the traditional dislike between the two towns and the growing likelihood they will play each other in the near future (plus Corby having a bit of money behind them as well). Us, it depends. If the rivalry becomes less one sided and we become competitive as well as traditional rivals, it could return to earlier levels.

My own view is if we got back into the Football League, it would continue to decline to what it was in the Football, although would probably flare back up if there was a chance of playing each other again and a win had league or cup importance.
Are you trying to get a post in the ET again Mad Dog!? :D ;)
Mad Dog
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:Rivalries change in terms of nature and intensity. They are our traditional local rivals, but with the derby being so one sided and having had such a long gap between playing each other prior to a few years ago, I think it's losing it's edge. Also as one of their lot put, we used to have all the cash, so for them it meant more to try and beat us.

Are you trying to get a post in the ET again Mad Dog!? :D ;)
Again?! :shock:

When have those muppets ever quoted my posts (probably will now! :lol: )?