The goal today

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

The goal today

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

apparently it was an OG, i have never seen/experienced anything like it. I think everybody thought it went over, the confusion that followed was hilarious. I heard the radio highlights on the way back and the commentators found it just as weird as we did.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: The goal today

Post by BartonRaz »

Even Edinburgh said he didn't think it was in.

1.) Ketterings players didn't react to it.
2.) Abbey looked like he made no attempt to save it.
3.) The header was from miles out.
4.) Diamonds players didn't react until a few seconds.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

Weirdest Goal ever there was about a 10 second delay until we realised it was a Goal.. No idea what happened :? but who cares we f*cking won :D :D
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
diamond82
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by diamond82 »

I only realised it went in when Dale turned round and started gesturing to make some noise because we'd scored. Very surreal.
Superhans

Post by Superhans »

very strange!!
my first reaslisation it had gone in was dale waving his arms about in front of us :?
thought we were the better side overall and deserved the points but a little worried after we went down to ten men
still, ill take that result any day.
WHEN I SANG RUSHDEN TILL I DIE I MENT IT! LONG LIVE THE AFC...
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Curtis was the first player I spotted trying to get us to realise what had happened.

Never, ever seen that before.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Last time I remember something similar was at Brentford? I think, where everyone thought it had gone over and come down the back of the net. Can't recall the scorer...

Though that was only a 2 second delay - as only a couple of the players initially celebrated.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Dazzler wrote:Last time I remember something similar was at Brentford? I think, where everyone thought it had gone over and come down the back of the net. Can't recall the scorer...

Though that was only a 2 second delay - as only a couple of the players initially celebrated.
Are you thinking of Craig Dove's goal at Leyton Orient at Christmas time in 2004 - the same game that Lee Worgan let a high ball from Dan Chillingworth drop into the net. Justin Miller would remember that one too.
LuckyHeather

Post by LuckyHeather »

Formic wrote:
Dazzler wrote:Last time I remember something similar was at Brentford? I think, where everyone thought it had gone over and come down the back of the net. Can't recall the scorer...

Are you thinking of Craig Dove's goal at Leyton Orient at Christmas time in 2004 - the same game that Lee Worgan let a high ball from Dan Chillingworth drop into the net. Justin Miller would remember that one too.
I remember that goal by Chilli. It was very unexpected and didn't look as if it was going in. Justin was MOTM that day and we were part of the fans group who sponsored that game and voted the award.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

LuckyHeather wrote:
Formic wrote:

I remember that goal by Chilli. It was very unexpected and didn't look as if it was going in. Justin was MOTM that day and we were part of the fans group who sponsored that game and voted the award.
Did he actually play or did you just take the opportunity to give him an award? :mrgreen: ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter