Grimsby Match Thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
RushdenTillIDie

Re: Grimsby Match Thread

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

mattreddan wrote:Spurs can put a performance in like the other day in the Champs League but now trail 1-0 at home to WIGAN, a team that has bloody conceded 10 in 2 games. What a joke.
I'm watching it - Spurs were all over them, then in the space of a minute wigan had 3 chances that should have been 3 goals...they took the 3rd chance, but it was poor keeping
super noodles

Post by super noodles »

That was a fantastic result today. Rushden for the title anyone... :lol:
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

Great result. Top half of league. 3 points from 2nd place. Into positive goal difference. Good day all round :D :D :D
CountHermanDeBanker

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

But can anyone tell me please......

Just where are the goals going to come from :!: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Very good performance again. I missed the first three games - heaven only knows how we didn't get more points out of them! Howe again was fantastic, Green is just way too good for this level, and we were solid at the back as per usual ! Same again at K*ttering please, it's going to be an absolute cracker for sure!
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

Absolutly Brilliant Performance from all the lads today :D :D :D :D

Did not expect it to be so easy and i am now buzzing for Monday :)

Howe and Charles have formed a great partnership but i remember 2 weeks ago people were calling for Akurang and Louis back instead of Howe, Still want them ?? no thanks :!: :!:

There Defending today was awful no.16 what a tit squaring up to their right back both of those players were targeted well by us and we just ran past them.. Can't help but feel they should have taken their keeper off after he pulled the hamstring if he had o been fully fit can see him saving Howe or charles' attempts..
Great move for Porters 4th though, passsed it straight round and through their defence and then comfortably slotted in.

I think Miller is our only weakness at the moment.. Some of his passing and clearances were awful straight into the man :shock: hopefully Huke or Corcorran can come back in to RB. Miller was much to slow in spreading the ball and was lucky not to be caught out more

Bring on the Scum ;)
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Yeah I thought the keeper getting injured changed the match in our favour, the second goal came about because of a poor goal kick from a defender and Howe's shot wasn't that far away from him and if he'd been fully fit I think he'd have saved it. Charles' finish was excellent though and goal no.2 for Max is very encouraging, knowing that we can score from midfield is always a good thing.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Basil

Post by Basil »

Today's hammering was made even sweeter after hearing their manager was gobbing off before the game saying that we were there for the taking today!! That'll teach him to be complacent, maybe he should teach his team how to defend and concentrate of their shortcomings rather than slag down the opposing team who go on to ram his words down his throat!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Grimsby were simply awful today, the defence especially looked like they'd just met.

I think this league is for the taking, if the past two games are anything to go by then two of 8 or so teams could realistically get promotion this year.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Tbh we got a little bit of luck with their keeper getting injured and even more luck as the Grimsby manager decide not to have a goalie on the bench! But we certainly deserved to win it, another great performance from the lads, we were far better, to score 2 goals within a minute feels so good and to put 4 past a team that had previously only conceded 2 in 4 is even better so absolutely delighted with that :D

And while I realise it's very early and it's only 2 wins but all of a sudden I'm pretty sure we're in with at least a shout for the playoffs again, as we've played superbly and beaten a team that has won all of their other games and a team that's only just come down and I don't want to get too carried away but I think now we've got some confidence, we can get a run going now.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308