Corcoran added to injury list

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Corcoran added to injury list

Post by StaceyH »

Bad news...out with a torn hamstring :(

http://www.northantset.co.uk/sport/Diam ... 6498347.jp
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
MEMAN53

Re: Corcoran added to injury list

Post by MEMAN53 »

Report from Local Grimsby Press : and you think we've got problems with injuries.

Send our boys out in masks Justin, they've all got the "lurgy"!

NEIL Woods is hoping a virus around his squad won't hamper his selection plans ahead of back-to-back bank holiday fixtures for Grimsby Town, starting at Rushden & Diamonds tomorrow.
Skipper Lee Peacock hasn't started the last two games after suffering from the bug and now Michael Leary has been ruled out again after missing the win at Darlington.
The last thing Woods needs is any more casualties with two quick-fire matches, the second of which sees his side entertain Histon on Monday.
With Rob Atkinson (hernia), Nick Colgan (elbow) and Adrian Forbes (knee) already out, Lee Ridley has now joined the injury list after a groin strain forced him out early on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Peter Bore is suffering from a similar complaint and missed training yesterday.
Woods has already ruled Ridley out for tomorrow but is more hopeful of Bore's recovery.
He also revealed Michael Coulson is making good progress with the swelling down on his ankle but he is still some way off a return.
Woods said: "Michael Leary is definitely out tomorrow – he has a bad chest infection and I would think he will miss both games this weekend.
"There is a bit of a bug about but hopefully we can avoid too many picking it up.
"Lee Ridley is recovering but won't be available tomorrow. He may have an outside chance for Monday.
"Peter Bore didn't train, with a sore groin, but he has a better chance for Rushden.
"With Rob Atkinson and Nick Colgan out and Michael Coulson as well – albeit he is responding well – we have an early season dilemma with knocks.
"But that's why you get a good squad and it gives others a chance.
"Lewis came back in at Darlington but we have to be wary because in your first game, adrenalin helps you get through.
"But he's getting fitter, like Charles (Ademeno) is.
"We have options in reserve and that's great for me as manager.
"You have disappointed players when they are left out but that shows me they all want to play.
"We don't just leave anyone out for the sake of it – we explain our reasoning and hopefully they understand we are all working together for a common goal and their chance will come."
With a 100 per cent away record against fancied sides Crawley and Darlington, people may see a trip to Rushden as an easy proposition for the Mariners.
But Woods is quick to dismiss any complacency – especially after last weekend's home humbling by Hayes & Yeading.
The Town boss went on: "We won't be underestimating the task ahead tomorrow just because we had a good result at Darlington.
"We will need to be as good, if not better, against a Rushden side that had an outstanding result in midweek and by all accounts put in a display to match.
"They will be tough opposition, again mainly direct.
"They have threats like Rene Howe and the other two who were at Peterborough last season – Dominic Green and Nathan Koranteng.
"They were playing at Championship level last season.
"So it won't be straight-forward but they can't be a threat if they don't have the ball and that's where we can hurt them, if we play well in possession.
"It's a tight pitch down there but a game where we are fully focused on getting another good result.
"We haven't even discussed the Histon game yet – it's all about this one first."
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

What Do You think the Back 4 will be like for Grimsby then?

I Think he might push Huke or Osano to RB and bring Stuart back in.. Is Jamie Day still not match fit ?
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

DiamondsR4ever wrote:
I Think he might push Huke or Osano to RB and bring Stuart back in.. Is Jamie Day still not match fit ?
Yep, I'd be surprised if that didn't happen, I really hope he puts Osano in, in my opinion he is a much better right back than a centre back, and having him and Stuart leaves us exposed in the air!
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

Aparantly Huke filled in Really well against the Dons?

Osano at RB allows him to get forward a lot more he hasn't done that too much this season
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

MEMAN53 wrote:"They will be tough opposition, again mainly direct."
They obviously haven't sent any scouts to watch us then if they think we are direct! :? And that's quite rich coming from the manager of a side who, when we last played them, could rival Histon and Lincoln in their directness.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

DiamondsR4ever wrote:Aparantly Huke filled in Really well against the Dons?

Osano at RB allows him to get forward a lot more he hasn't done that too much this season
I was desperate for Osano to move back to right back after the first 3 games, but after his performance against the Wombles on Tuesday I'd be loathed to move him. Both him and Huke were superb, however, I think one of them will definitely move to the right to accomodate Stuart tomorrow, most likely Huke as Osano and Stuart are our first choice central pairing this season.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

having spoke to a first-teamer on friday, he said we've had quite a bug going round our lads aswel, although it didnt show tuesday!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.