New TV Deal ??

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

New TV Deal ??

Post by Biggles »

The NLP is supposed to have a story about a new TV deal close to being agreed starting this September.

The Channel is Premier Sports who show sports that have a good following but are not on mainstream TV.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: New TV Deal ??

Post by BartonRaz »

I noticed that channel the other day. It seems to show a lot of American and Irish stuff.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Interesting. If this does happen, I'd be interested to learn what day of the week they will show the games on.
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

What Channel no. is it ?>
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Sky 433 according to their website.

I'm interested in if it will be available on Virgin.
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

£6.99 a month. And going to show 30 games. Not worth it is it? I mean its not like premiership were every game is good. And will be interesting to see how fair they would be to clubs or to just have the top 5 teams versus whoever
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

coolcuts wrote:£6.99 a month. And going to show 30 games. Not worth it is it? I mean its not like premiership were every game is good. And will be interesting to see how fair they would be to clubs or to just have the top 5 teams versus whoever

£6.99 for roughly 3 games in a month is "not worth it" ? I agree about the last bit, everyone should be shown at least once, and not concentrate on the "big teams" cos they'll get more of the money!
AFC R & D member number 34
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

It's worth listening to the Non-League Show Podcast regarding this. It looks like an announcement might be made in the day couple of days.

The information regarding the deal seems to be coming from a Journalist at the moment - who suggests the games will be on a Thursday night, and little / no revenue will come to the clubs. At the same time there will be no publicity for the clubs, as it will be on a channel nobody watches (it normally shows Gaelic Football as its main sport).

The journalist also suggested there was a possible BBC deal (which may have been last season rather than this) for a highlights package, but that wasn't satisfactory to the Conference board. You'll need to listen to the journalist to decide if he sounds like he really knows what is going on - the BBC journalist and pundits on the Non-League show hadn't heard of this alleged possible deal.

Either way, a Thursday night approach will have the same implications on disrupting fans schedules - even those whose games aren't shown, but their Saturday game gets moved to a Sunday as ours did several times with the Setanta deal.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

http://www.broadcasting.vitalfootball.c ... ?a=7505416

Looks like a 3 year deal has been sorted out.
AFC R & D member number 34
Superhans

Post by Superhans »

Two of Diamonds wrote:http://www.broadcasting.vitalfootball.c ... ?a=7505416

Looks like a 3 year deal has been sorted out.
so they have sold it to a chanel thats only avilable for sky customers. :x
WHEN I SANG RUSHDEN TILL I DIE I MENT IT! LONG LIVE THE AFC...