New TV Deal ??

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Jemfy

Re: New TV Deal ??

Post by Jemfy »

http://www.grimsby.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=210021

OK hardly the most reliable of sources, but if true, 25k for every club plus advertising income (OK it'll be low, but it isn't nothing), and from what I have seen so far they are looking to have 5.15 saturday games and some sunday games. Should at least plug a hole in the budget due to lack of a shirt sponsor, and put us in a stronger position being able to offer national coverage if/when we get on telly. Heck just the added mentions could be good for pushing the ground/stadium naming rights sales.

If they can organise who is on TV and when well in advance then it could be very good for the clubs.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Assuming that is correct it doesn't sound too bad.

The big problem with the Setanta deal was when they moved Tuesday night games to Thursdays - and then both teams concerned insisted their Saturday games were moved to Sunday - so clubs were inconvenienced who weren't even on TV - and we ended up with Saturday games at Nene Park being a relative rarity during the Setanta season.

They didn't seem to realise that people book train tickets and hotel rooms well in advance to get good deals, and would suffer when these changes were made.

More details are at http://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/page/NewsDe ... 04,00.html
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

Not Sure About this deal as it is only available to those with Sky and i understand that they would have to pay the £6.99 or w/e on top of the normal monthly fee?
this is going to make it exclusive to non league fans as why would fans of the higher leagues pay the additional fee to watch this level of football?

Setanta was available to many TV packages - Freeview making it available to almost everyone and i think Premier TV need to try and exploit this and get their Channel available to as many football fans as possible
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

I'm afraid after lisening to the Non League show last night it looks like most Live games being on Thursday evenings again so expect the weekend games schedules to be ruined again.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32