Gareth Seddon

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rdfcbrownie-az-o-c

Gareth Seddon

Post by rdfcbrownie-az-o-c »

I read in the ET that Fleetwood have got a seddon playing for them . Can anyone confirm that this is Gareth Seddon? :shock:
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: Gareth Seddon

Post by BartonRaz »

Yeah it is. Didn't they sign him for K*ttering for a fair bit of money?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Downsie53

Post by Downsie53 »

About 20k i think.
Decent player, will always score goals.
JUMP! Oooooh De Banke Army!
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

rdfcbrownie-az-o-c wrote:I read in the ET that Fleetwood have got a seddon playing for them . Can anyone confirm that this is Gareth Seddon? :shock:
http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/PreMa ... 64,00.html

(at the bottom of the preview).
rdfcbrownie-az-o-c

yeah shame hes a rushden reject for him. but every were else hes gone he has scored goals. they have also got magno viera :? good goal scorer for ebbsfleet. and proven at this level
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

rdfcbrownie-az-o-c wrote:yeah shame hes a rushden reject for him. but every were else hes gone he has scored goals. they have also got magno viera :? good goal scorer for ebbsfleet. and proven at this level
I don't know about calling Seddon a reject as such since it was due to injury and thus not being able to play a single game that we let him go, rather than due to performances. The problem is he got reactive arthritis when we signed him and it apparently wasn't until 2006 when he got over it. Had he not got that it injury, it probably would have been a different story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gareth_Seddon
rdfcbrownie-az-o-c

Mad Dog wrote:
rdfcbrownie-az-o-c wrote:yeah shame hes a rushden reject for him. but every were else hes gone he has scored goals. they have also got magno viera :? good goal scorer for ebbsfleet. and proven at this level
I don't know about calling Seddon a reject as such since it was due to injury and thus not being able to play a single game that we let him go, rather than due to performances. The problem is he got reactive arthritis when we signed him and it apparently wasn't until 2006 when he got over it. Had he not got that it injury, it probably would have been a different story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gareth_Seddon
yes ur right sorry i tend to get him muddled up with kevin branniff :L

but he played for the scum ;) and viera will definately be a threat :cry:
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Fair enough.

TBH, I don't hold it against him for playing for K*ttering. By that I mean it wasn't as though he went there shortly after being here and it was injury that prevented him from showing us what he could do. If we're going to damn him purely on K*ttering, we've got to damn Darren Collins, who is still a legend in my eyes. Also we've got the ET talking about Rene Howe coming in.

I think with ex players, it really depends on a mixture of thing like what their performance were like here (in terms of effort put in), the nature of their exits and how they act towards the club after leaving.
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Kevin Braniff wasn't too bad.. was he? :S
KilnPark_Resident

Post by KilnPark_Resident »

He was awful for us, but I'm sure he made his Northern Ireland debut a while ago...playing at Portadown now I think...