Jamie Stuart

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Mat.H

Jamie Stuart

Post by Mat.H »

Can somebody enlighten me as to what the imbred is on about??
http://www.poppynet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8808
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Sam Gregory

Re: Jamie Stuart

Post by Sam Gregory »

Probably refering to when Stuart broke Chris Beardsley's jaw a few years back and I believe that he was sacked by Charlton for failing a doping test when he was a youngster.
Basil

Post by Basil »

I'm sure that he received a 6 month ban when he was at Charlton in 1997 for failing a drug test. He was also acquitted of GBH in the Beardsley case.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
rdfcgazza

Post by rdfcgazza »

Basil wrote:I'm sure that he received a 6 month ban when he was at Charlton in 1997 for failing a drug test. He was also acquitted of GBH in the Beardsley case.

are you sure you are not confusing him with lee bowyer, who got the sack from charlton for taking drugs???
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

rdfcgazza wrote:
Basil wrote:I'm sure that he received a 6 month ban when he was at Charlton in 1997 for failing a drug test. He was also acquitted of GBH in the Beardsley case.

are you sure you are not confusing him with lee bowyer, who got the sack from charlton for taking drugs???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Stuart
Wikipedia wrote: However, his time at Charlton Athletic was marred when in November 1997, he was sacked by the club and banned for six-months by The Football Association for testing positive for cocaine and marijuana, which he denied taking knowingly, claiming that a cigarette he smoked had been laced with cocaine
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Nice to see that Turley made the list of doping cases at the bottom of the page! :D
KGB

Post by KGB »

He's a boy ain't he!
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:Nice to see that Turley made the list of doping cases at the bottom of the page! :D
I added that! ;)

Jamie Stuart certainly has a rather chequered past, something which I know concerned a few fans when he first signed for us, but he seems to have conducted himself in an exemplary manner in the year that he has been here, both on and off the pitch.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
GeneralStanhope

Post by GeneralStanhope »

KGB wrote:He's a boy ain't he!
So true, what a lad! I love Jamie's passion on the pitch and love tough tackling centre halves hence why Stuart's probably my favourite player from the current crop.
You're not number 1...