Shirt sponsor

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Shirt sponsor

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

oliv272 wrote:Keeping on track with finace does anybody know how much the tomlin deal cost posh people are saying 150,000 but all websites say undisclosed. This money is really needed for the club espicially since we have no shirt sponsor. Are we the only team with out in this league one I know over teams struggled to get one.
See the Tomlin gone to boro thread.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Does anyone know the figures involved in being a shirt sponser, as a colleague of mine said he would approach the owner of the company his wife works for if he knew some figures
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

STAGMAN wrote:Does anyone know the figures involved in being a shirt sponsor....
I understand that a five figure amount per year would be expected.
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Dougie wrote: We need to go out to them rather than wait for them to come to us.
What has changed since Keith Cousen's acquisition of the club is that active marketing now takes a different approach and is limited either to KC 'putting the sqeeze' on his existing business contacts, i.e Haart, and - like Haart, does actually achieve an income to the club - or much less successfully to placing adverts on the club website followed by simply waiting for the phone to ring.
As a result of the lack of knowledge and experience of the people invloved, the idea of anyone from the club now actually going out and coldcalling local companies in an effort to promote the club doesn't seem to have been considered and certainly isn't pursued.
And therein lies the problem. Cold calling should be considered, and actively pursued to get local companies on board. I work in the Newspaper industry and all the ad reps are always on the phone or visiting local companies to see if they will advertise, sometimes you get no response other times you make a really good sell on the back of a phone call.

Now if I had the time I would offer my services to the club to do this - unfortunately I live in Staffordshire.

Let's not kid ourselves if smaller teams can get shirt sponsorship surely we can?

However there lies a problem. I know from Radio Diamonds we have asked to go out and get sponsorship for our shows, but I believe this idea was actively knocked back - despite most of the money going to the club.

Is someone frightened or something? That we're going to harm the club in someway? Undermine leadership? I just don't know!

There must be people wiling to do this sort of cold calling????

I would if I could.

You've got to work your guts off for sponsorship or the club is going to die.

UD
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

I suspect a lot of the shirt sponsors in the lower leauges are in fact companies owned by the Chairman or board directors and as such are not extra income from outside sources.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Biggles wrote:I suspect a lot of the shirt sponsors in the lower leagues are in fact companies owned by the Chairman or board directors and as such are not extra income from outside sources.
Exactly. All those years we had a shirt with 'Dr. Martens' on the front so no seperate deal there and didn't the Ploppies have 'DRC Locums' on theirs which is a company owned by the club's owner?

If any of our fans think that the Club is not proactive enough then why not ring Rachael Roberts and discuss it with her and/or offer their services to assist? ;)
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

STAGMAN wrote:Does anyone know the figures involved in being a shirt sponser, as a colleague of mine said he would approach the owner of the company his wife works for if he knew some figures
The Haart deal was for £50k per season, but as we are without a sponsor at the moment, just get this company to make any offer! £5k a season is better than nothing!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

I'll offer
davealbon wrote:The Haart deal was for £50k per season, but as we are without a sponsor at the moment, just get this company to make any offer! £5k a season is better than nothing!
I'll offer 1k for the season if club will print my face on the front of the shirt :lol:
D14MNDS

Post by D14MNDS »

Probably wouldnt generate enough revenue at our level, but hows about , you pay per game to have your name on shirt, as part of a match sponsorship package, with corporate hospitality etc also, could charge a fairly decent amount, would certainly generate more revenue than whats on table at the moment.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

D14MNDS wrote:Probably wouldnt generate enough revenue at our level, but hows about , you pay per game to have your name on shirt, as part of a match sponsorship package, with corporate hospitality etc also, could charge a fairly decent amount, would certainly generate more revenue than whats on table at the moment.
Problem there would be that we'd have to keep buying in shirts, and I'd bet that they'd be in bulk. Hope that doesn't sound like I'm throwing up barriers since it's great that we're putting ideas forward. Anyone work for anybody or know someone who does that might be interested in sponsoring something down at Nene Park?