Shirt sponsor

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Shirt sponsor

Post by oliv272 »

Anyone know if haart have resigned a deal for shirt sponsors yet because there was no sign off it at the freindlies. It is concerning if they havent
FuriousHoon / Ollie
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: Shirt sponsor

Post by davealbon »

oliv272 wrote:Anyone know if haart have resigned a deal for shirt sponsors yet because there was no sign off it at the freindlies. It is concerning if they havent
They haven't and I'd be absolutely amazed if they did. I don't think a renewed deal with Haart was ever on the cards, the club were looking for a completely new sponsor.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

There must be some news on this front soon surely? I've never known a team leave their sponsor this late.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

It's worrying, I just hope the people that matter are busy behind the scenes. However when you hear news that some companies that used to sponsor the club haven't been contacted since been relegated from the League it really does make you wonder???

It would be good to actually get some news, even if it's a "We're busy trying to secure a sponsor" "working hard behind the scenes" "looking for potential partners" etc rather than the normal "contact blah blah to sponsor a match/ball etc" We need to go out to them rather than wait for them to come to us.

The potential for advertising, even if it's £100 a week for a board etc MUST be out there surely???
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Haart was on the shirts for the game on saturday and wingate, probably just because of the shirt colour they were wearing, but yeah 6 days to go and still no sponsor!! :shock:
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Rushdenjim wrote:Haart was on the shirts for the game on saturday and wingate, probably just because of the shirt colour they were wearing, but yeah 6 days to go and still no sponsor!! :shock:
Looking at the photos from yesterday, the kit worn is an old set, looks like GH era judging by the badge being in the middle (the badge last year was on the left, and that's going to be our third kit).

Tbh, we're not alone. Middlesborough are struggling, and Leicester only announced a sponsor yesterday for the new season:

http://www.mfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,1,00.html

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,, ... 21,00.html
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

BartonRaz wrote: I've never known a team leave their sponsor this late.
I believe the Ploppies were struggling to get a shirt sponsor.
Dougie

Post by Dougie »

However when you hear news that some companies that used to sponsor the club haven't been contacted since been relegated from the League it really does make you wonder???[/b]

Well that is completely untrue.
All former sponsors and corporate supporters were contacted several times following the Trust takeover of the club but many either had no interest - having previously used their involvement with the club as a means of promoting their business to the Griggs Group - or were unwilling to agree to the cost increases introduced as a means of turning the club into a viable concern.
Part of the problem was that many local companies who appeared to be sponsoring the club during the Griggs days in reality had paid nothing - or virtually nothing - at all.

We need to go out to them rather than wait for them to come to us.
What has changed since Keith Cousen's acquisition of the club is that active marketing now takes a different approach and is limited either to KC 'putting the sqeeze' on his existing business contacts, i.e Haart, and - like Haart, does actually achieve an income to the club - or much less successfully to placing adverts on the club website followed by simply waiting for the phone to ring.
As a result of the lack of knowledge and experience of the people invloved, the idea of anyone from the club now actually going out and coldcalling local companies in an effort to promote the club doesn't seem to have been considered and certainly isn't pursued.
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

Keeping on track with finace does anybody know how much the tomlin deal cost posh people are saying 150,000 but all websites say undisclosed. This money is really needed for the club espicially since we have no shirt sponsor. Are we the only team with out in this league one I know over teams struggled to get one.
FuriousHoon / Ollie
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

oliv272 wrote: Are we the only team with out in this league one I know over teams struggled to get one.
Every other team has a sponsor in this picture dazzler posted on the Tomlin thread.
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90