Alternative Programme ?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Diamond Warrior

Re: Alternative Programme ?

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Sara Pascoe wrote:Well done everyone, £1k is fantastic.

On another note, and this is for Formic et al, do you know what the rules are regarding programmes? As in what you have to produce for every game? Because I'm assuming that today's production would cost much less to produce than the usual glossy fare and it was pretty much the same thing. If you had that as a programme then obviously you could bulk it out a bit, maybe add a fanzine element at the back (because it reminded me of R&R at first glance)?
I shall contact Altrincham to try and get some prices. Their programme is nothing special in terms of graphics etc, but is very well written and organised.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Sara Pascoe wrote:Well done everyone, £1k is fantastic.

On another note, and this is for Formic et al, do you know what the rules are regarding programmes? As in what you have to produce for every game? Because I'm assuming that today's production would cost much less to produce than the usual glossy fare and it was pretty much the same thing. If you had that as a programme then obviously you could bulk it out a bit, maybe add a fanzine element at the back (because it reminded me of R&R at first glance)?
I'm not too sure of the rules - and obviously today's programme cost nothing to produce thanks to the generous donation from Dazzler's company. However, the way we had to do it wasn't ideal, and meant we had to spend hours (literally) folding and stapling this morning after working such long hours last night - and as a minimum I think the outside needs to be "card" rather than paper.

Our prototype that was produced exclusively with such card was definitely a more professional looking. Quite a lot of lower league clubs produce their programmes in such a way - indeed some have the card with fixed content forming the front and back covers, so you don't have to print those every game. Most printers won't accommodate card mixed with double-sided paper, as the card can't be rotated for duplex printing.

As with a lot of these endeavours, you need to find people who will really be able to deliver a reliable product week-in / week-out, and not let things slide when the novelty wears out - a bit like blogs, fanzines and web-sites really. Whilst I've no doubt that would be the case with those of us involved today, we'd have to consider up front whether we could spare the time in such a way.
scot

Post by scot »

Well done for all the effort you guys went too getting the programme out,and so quickly.Great effort,great cause, i applaud you all.
AFC R&D Member 480
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

All done by 'plastic fans' ...eh - take note some of those up the A6.

However, have to say more reasonable Poppies have been understanding and respectful to the tribute to Dale Roberts today.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Was gutted not to get one today. If by any chance there's any unsold or spare I'd love to donate for one, if not, it's my own fault for turning up at 2.59pm :lol: ;)
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Was gutted not to get one today. If by any chance there's any unsold or spare I'd love to donate for one, if not, it's my own fault for turning up at 2.59pm :lol: ;)

I got one and I wasn't even at the game (woohoo ;) ).
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

As Tony/Dave said earlier, special thanks again today to Warren/Jayne, and the regular Programme Sellers for selling the programmes today, as well of course to all the fans (both home and away) for purchasing and contributing to the programme collection.

I think I got all the spare Programme's back after the game from a few areas- and there were 33 (from 450) spare - a few from Kimberley and North Stand left over. A few people have asked for Programmes, and I will be taking a batch of 12 or so up to Darlington with me, so will have a few available there, and the rest [A block of 20] will probably go into the Shop sometime after the Darlo game, as I understand they also sold out today.

Thanks again for helping to raise the extra funds for Dale's Memorial Fund.
Last edited by Dazzler on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Was gutted not to get one today. If by any chance there's any unsold or spare I'd love to donate for one, if not, it's my own fault for turning up at 2.59pm :lol: ;)

I got one and I wasn't even at the game (woohoo ;) ).

You ain't got it yet ;) :lol:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

In regards to our programme next season, maybe a read of this could be interesting.
http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/page/Ne ... 84,00.html

I've been told that the content inside the programme is rubbish: "A5, 20 pages, 6 of which are adverts. There were 5 pages on Orient, but only 1 page covering Carlisle and that was the managers notes, everything else was stats. There was literally no readable Carlisle content, and only 6 pages of readable material in total.
If I were a regular visitor to Brinton Park, I wouldn't bother buying one, shocking value for money even for a quid."

Maybe something can be done though to consider an option like this.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

I read the programme and thought it was brilliant considering the short space of time it was knocked up in.

I've got some close contacts in a very big local printing firm, I may be able to sort something out with them if necessary.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.