Community Teams

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: Community Teams

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Community Teams Update – 20/21 October

On Saturday the Under 7 Dragons and Magic enjoyed their games against Raunds Town and Irchester Romans Gladiators. The Under 8 Rovers took on Wellingborough Town Tigers.

Moving onto Sunday and Under 9 and Under 10 it was derbies all the way with Higham Colts being the opponents. Higham took the honours as the best AFC R&D result was a 2-2 draw for the Under 9 Tigers against Higham Ferrers Colts, Joshua and Rhys getting the goals. For the Under Leopards Keanu’s strike was a consolation as Higham Colts hit six.

At Under 10 the Bisons & Rhinos went down 1-4 and 1-5 to Higham Ferrers Colts & Higham Colts respectively. Michael and Luca the goalscorers.

Performance of the day came from the Under 11 Wasps who continued their good start to the season with a 5-0 win over Raunds, Diarra and Dan got a brace each with Cameron completing the scoring.

The Under 11 Bees were on a week off and the Under 11 Hornets were the victims of a waterlogged pitch.

Also losing their games to the weather were the Under Cosmos and the Under 14 Rebels.

The Under 13 Galaxy travelled to F.C. Aztec in Rothwell and came away with a hard earned victory, James’ goal being the clincher.

At Under 15 the Warriors were on a week off and the Gladiators probably wished they had of been, instead getting a 8-0 beating from Great Doddington.

Completing the matches were the Under 16 Scorpions who narrowly lost to Corby S&L 2-3, Rhys Day getting both goals for AFC R&D.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I see our U14s beat Walsall. That sounds like a cracking result!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by StaceyH »

BartonRaz wrote:I see our U14s beat Walsall. That sounds like a cracking result!
That was the U14 academy team - great result them and their first win of the season. A great bunch if lads who work hard and finally are starting to see it pay off :)
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Diamondsforever wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:I see our U14s beat Walsall. That sounds like a cracking result!
That was the U14 academy team - great result them and their first win of the season. A great bunch if lads who work hard and finally are starting to see it pay off :)
I echo what was said, they could so easily be demoralised but they work hard and deserved the win.

The u14 unluckily lost Sunday afternoon In Kettrin.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Good evening Dave how are you? Joan Bathurst here just a couple of things to ask you --first are any of your boys coming to the xmas party night? Also are you and your own boys coming to the party? Also when can i pick up the telly b-4 the party? I will be near your place tomorrow about 7ish if thats doable Either way please P.M me or phone 01933316314 cheers mate joan
SouthRushdenJFC

Joan, the telly is at South End, best to contact Daryl, DazSRJFC on the forum.

We won't be coming to the party, I finish work on Friday so times are going to be really tough until a jet a new job.
SouthRushdenJFC

We actually got some football played this weekend so look out for a Community Teams update tomorrow.
himynameisrob

Post by himynameisrob »

u16's haven't had a match for at least a month now......starting to get very annoying :-(, damn weather
dazSRJFC

Post by dazSRJFC »

Been a while since we reported on the Community teams, mainly because our games have been postponed regularly for the past few months. :cry:
However, we managed a few today, and only the u9s and 10s at Higham Central Venue were postponed.
At Irchester on Saturday,Under 7s Magic lost narrowly 3-2 to Raunds whilst their U7s compatriots, Dragons, put five past Vicarage Farm, with one in reply. U8s Rovers beat a strong Wellingborough Lions side 2-0.
Today,at 9v9 level(Under 11s), Wasps had to surrender home advantage due to continuing problems with the Southend pitch, but Raunds were unable to make home advantage count, with the Wasps registering an exciting 4-2 win.
The only team left in any age group of the League Cup competition, u11s Bees, continue to progress with a convincing 9-0 win away at Ise Lodge Hawks .
Both our Under 13s teams had a run out, Cosmos beating Grange United 2-1, whilst Galaxy played well at Corby Kingswood Eagles, but returned with nothing to show for it, with a 2-0 reverse.
The Under 14 Rebels trekked out to Oundle, but brought home the bacon with a 4-3 win, whilst the Under 15s Warriors continue to improve their performances , despite a 6-1 reverse.
So, over the weekend, we played 9 games and won 6 of them. Whilst the results are not the be all and end all, it IS an indication of a steady improvement, which is what we are all trying to achieve. :)
AFC R&D Member Number 443
SouthRushdenJFC

We haven't posted for a while, mainly because we have played many games due to the weather.

The mini-soccer season has finished, as have the Under 13 Cosmos.

Most teams played this week and there were wins for the U14 and U15 Gladiators and losses for the U11 Bees and U16 Scorpions.

I have to reserve a special mention for the U11 Wasps who went to Earls Barton with only 7 players (it's 9v9) and came away with a 3-3 draw against a full strength Barton. In all honesty they could have won it but we had 7 very tired heroes after the game.