Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
@fan89footy
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: Former Players

Post by @fan89footy »

Couple I've seen recently playing step six.

Alfie Taylor scored for Rushden & Higham on Wednesday
Adam Confue played for Northampton ON Chenecks last Saturday
Quincy Shorunmu played for Burton Park Wanderers last Saturday
Andy Hall playing for Moulton last Saturday
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

Well I don't know whether this is for this thread or not, but Ravi Shamsi on Twitter seems like he is ready to get back playing. Of course I don't expect him to sign for us, why would he considering where we are, however, if we have anything left in the lottery budget, can we please at least try to get him on board?? Imagine the difference he could make to our failing attack...
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

For me his return to us is imperative, his arrival plus Ty last year changed our whole season. We need him and a decent striker. In an ideal world I would do all I could to get Jordan Graham back but I’m concerned our management stature leaves that way out of the realms of possibility.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Jack Snelus scored against Tamworth today for Hitchin.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by smoky »

Ravi Shamsi coming back to us would be a huge boost to the side and the supporters, he was always popular and gave 100 % we just need a couple more quality players to start to rebuild us.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 158 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

smoky wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:33 pm Ravi Shamsi coming back to us would be a huge boost to the side and the supporters, he was always popular and gave 100 % we just need a couple more quality players to start to rebuild us.
Is that happening then ?
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by Brownie »

diamondsteve wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:42 pm
smoky wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:33 pm Ravi Shamsi coming back to us would be a huge boost to the side and the supporters, he was always popular and gave 100 % we just need a couple more quality players to start to rebuild us.
Is that happening then ?
I think Olly’s assessment is most likely to be the right one, and let’s be honest Ravi has never stayed anywhere very long even sides doing ok, though money is king with him so if the lottery budget is elasticated then stretch it and he may be tempted.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Even if we had a sniff of resigning him, in sure some recently left players would step in and talk him out of it. Expect him to sign for st. Ives or royston
smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by smoky »

Not sure whether I read it right but is Ben Diamond playing for Buckby alongside Will Jones, would have both of them back in a flash if we could tempt them.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

smoky wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:00 am Not sure whether I read it right but is Ben Diamond playing for Buckby alongside Will Jones, would have both of them back in a flash if we could tempt them.
Wouldn't take Jones back - never sure what people saw in him at first team level. Diamond 100%, he's a good player at Step 3 and shouldn't be playing at Step 5, but let's be realistic, there's nothing really linking him to the club anymore and I'm not sure why he'd want to come back at the moment.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291