[ Thu 21st Jul ] v Peterborough United, KO 7:45PM NFA MC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Thu 21st Jul ] v Peterborough United, KO 7:45PM NFA MC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Official Match Preview - NFA Maunsell Cup

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/afc-rushden- ... -21st-july
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: [ Thu 21st Jul ] v Peterborough United, KO 7:45PM NFA MC HOME

Post by BartonRaz »

Is this as competitive game officially? If so, are trialists eligible?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote:Is this as competitive game officially? If so, are trialists eligible?
I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully it will be clarified before the game, as I remember the NFA were insistent before the Hillier Cup that we'd registered and agreed who could play.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

It's all gone quiet over here....
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Formic wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:Is this as competitive game officially? If so, are trialists eligible?
I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully it will be clarified before the game, as I remember the NFA were insistent before the Hillier Cup that we'd registered and agreed who could play.

Yes we will be using trialists again and maybe a couple of under 21's..
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Another cup win, 3 in 3 games now, against a young posh outfit. Very good performance all round, especially Robbie parsons who caused a lot of problems for the defence. Although I'm sure most were under the impression he'd left the club. Trialist aiden Bradshaw played at right back who'd been decent against us for the likes of Thrapston and desborough and played well tonight. Some excellent keeping from Finlay, with some top stops and two saves in the shootout. Another mention goes to sub Chris weah/wreh with some sublime trickery, delighting the de banke! Other trials trialists included orosz (scored the second) and evangilinos on the left. Both worth another look
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

First half an hour was typically dull preseason stuff, but after Posh scored, the game sprung to life and we played some really good stuff actually. the second half was particularly pleasing and seeing Bunts and Brown in Diamonds shirts again gives me a lot of cause for optimism.

But can't not mention Wreh/Number 16 and his outrageous trickery, some unlike anything I've seen at the D&D before, he reminds me of Akinfenwa and based on this showing I really hope we sign him up, he's my new favourite player after some of those skills lol :joy:

Is this the Chris (?) Wreh that was at Barton Rovers last year? Is this him?

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/play ... opher-wreh
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

I thought Matt Finlay was absolutely amazing tonight, pulled off some great stops. The first posh goal was really nice, the weight of the ball to the wing then the cross were just phenomenal. Delighted to see Sam Brown back, thought he did really well - especially with the goal. The right-back got caught out a lot and was out of position a fair bit towards the end but some of his stuff going forward looked good. Joe Curtis had a great game - we looked much worse when him and Brad came off. Parsons looked really tricky tonight, very impressed - looked like he's bulked up a bit with muscle which is really good to see after my criticism of him last year. Not too sure on the number 11, don't remember anything he did apart from give it away. Number 9 looked good when he was moved to the middle but not too sure on his wing play. Also good to see Bunts back but he definitely isn't match-ready yet.

Also, that number 16's roulette was one of the most amazing things I've seen at the D&D for quite some time! Apart from that I thought he looked very good and very powerful and I would love to see here again.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

A good all round performance from the lads, playing some nice football in patches.

Thought Peterborough used dirty tactics at the end. (Penaltys)

And they got what their deserved from it, nothing. :biggrin:

Well done to the lads.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

So are we going to sign Chris Weah up or what? I know it's easy to get blinded by a bit of skill but his feet are unreal and he holds the ball up really well. Finds it so easy to beat a man and does the complete opposite to what the defender expects every time. Would love to see him get a start on Saturday.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291