[ Sat 23rd Apr ] v Godalming Town, KO 3pm SL1DC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: [ Sat 23rd Apr ] v Godalming Town, KO 3pm SL1DC HOME

Post by ParcelFace »

So we're off to Royston on Tuesday!

I thought Jack Bowen had a great game, worked hard and deserved his goal despite the fortunate circumstances! Class free kick from Richards but what was that penalty?! Claudiu doing what he does best - losing the ball every time he tried to beat a player and spending more time on the floor than off it...

If I hadn't seen Brad in midfield today I'm not sure I would have known that he wasn't a centre back - I though he played really well when asked to. Not sure on the Godalming tactic of shooting any time they saw the goal though!

Also Connor Kennedy winning MOTM again??? Must have family or friends that vote for him!!!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I thought it was a good solid performance today. Lots of endeavour all over the park. I'd have liked to see Nabil get 45 minutes to build his fitness levels.
AFC R & D member number 34
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Three of Diamonds wrote:I thought it was a good solid performance today. Lots of endeavour all over the park. I'd have liked to see Nabil get 45 minutes to build his fitness levels.
I'd agree with all of that. I can only assume Nabil isn't an option as surely he had to be given more than a token few minutes to help him integrate into the team and improve his match fitness.

It was between Bowen and Kennedy for MoM for me - Kennedy was a clear winner apart from his one mistake that might have cost us. The ref might have done us a favour when he made such a clear mistake awarding the free kick rather than a penalty that led to our opening goal.
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

Three of Diamonds wrote:I thought it was a good solid performance today. Lots of endeavour all over the park. I'd have liked to see Nabil get 45 minutes to build his fitness levels.
My MOM would have been Lewis for an outstanding first half performance, Having spoken to Nabil after the game I don't think he could have done much more than 20 mins max, he's been very ill so look at him as hopefully one for next season.
ParcelFace

Post by ParcelFace »

Formic wrote:
I'd agree with all of that. I can only assume Nabil isn't an option as surely he had to be given more than a token few minutes to help him integrate into the team and improve his match fitness.

It was between Bowen and Kennedy for MoM for me - Kennedy was a clear winner apart from his one mistake that might have cost us. The ref might have done us a favour when he made such a clear mistake awarding the free kick rather than a penalty that led to our opening goal.
Can you explain the Kennedy being a clear winner bit? I don't understand.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

ParcelFace wrote:
Formic wrote:

Can you explain the Kennedy being a clear winner bit? I don't understand.
Perhaps it would be clearer if I had said "I think Kennedy would have been a clear winner apart from his one mistake...." He's looking really positive going forwards these days, and I wonder if he might become a midfielder one day.
ParcelFace

Post by ParcelFace »

Formic wrote:Perhaps it would be clearer if I had said "I think Kennedy would have been a clear winner apart from his one mistake...." He's looking really positive going forwards these days, and I wonder if he might become a midfielder one day.
He's been pretty decent but all I see him do is play long balls up the top. Had some positive runs forward but I think him being a clear winner is a massive overstatement. Just my opinion of course! I thought Ashton was a joy to watch today, he made defending look simple and made Finlay's job really easy as he only had to deal with shots from outside the area.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

A good/decent performance, with an nice 2-0 win.

2 games away from promotion, let's be positive :clapping: :clapping:

2 games away from the Southern Premier league, let's do it.

Go to Royston on Tuesday and beat them. :biggrin:
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

AFC R&D Member No. 67
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

A good solid 2-0 win.

Personally I thought the MOTM was Quigley.
Bowens goal was comical stuff from the keeper!

Thought they were a moaning bunch once they went behind, and their number 11 kept shouting for handball every time it went into the box, which was puzzling as the ball was nowhere near and of our players hands!!

On to Royston, not going to be easy, but hopefully we can get a result.

Won't be the end of the world if we don't, because whatever the result we've had a great season, in my opinion.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73