[ Tue 27th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 7:45pm FAC4QR HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: [ Tue 27th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 7:45pm FAC4QR HOME

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

Fair play to Barwell, hope people don't forget they are a decent side from the level above, Cant fault the players commitment and they should be very proud to get this far, If someone said before King Langley are name would be in the 1st round draw we would of bitten their arm off. This run just shows how far we have come, it was only 4 years ago we was watching U18 on a Thursday night!!!
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Well obviously I'm gutted, I love the FA Cup and I love as a fan dreaming of the big games and big draws against big clubs so it's always hard to take when we're knocked out, but looking back over the 2 ties, it's hard to deny that Barwell deserved to go through in all honesty, we were a bit lucky on Saturday and got what we deserved tonight, we weren't outplayed by any means and their goal was disappointing to concede, but we really struggled to challenge their defence or their shaky keeper and even our set pieces were just about dealt with too tonight, I imagine that would have been their focus in the match prepation. I wasn't happy with the officiating either, I thought Tom perhaps went down a little easy, but it was still a foul and the ref gave it, so I really don't know how it wasn't a red card, he was clean through. The linesman on the Dales bar side made some suspect decisions too, I may not have had the best of views, but was Scott Joseph really offside when he could have been clean through? Didn't look like it to me.

But overall, our FA Cup this season has been very good no doubt about that, 4 rounds won, lots of money made in prizes and gate receipts as said, a team from the level above beaten, the incredible moment at Barwell which we'll all remember for years to come and tonight's crowd which was stunning, delighted we've finally beaten the 1000 mark, it may have been slightly annoying standing next to people who didn't seem to know any of our players, and considering the poor quality of the game, perhaps not many of the casuals will be back anytime soon, but it still felt good to be in a 1000+ crowd watching the Diamonds again, hope it's not too long before we see another 1000+ crowd.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Oh and btw, how come there was no programme tonight?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

I thought the ref was ok to good in first half, and then a complete and utter different ref in the 2nd half.

He/ref was useless, and useless is a understatement, he was crap.

Lorraine was clean through, he was last man, (clear goal scoring opportunity) law of the game States red card for Barwell player, (and useless ref bottles it big time) Barwell being down to 10 men could have changed the game completely.

Then there Barwell player does a dangerous 2 footed tackle studs showing. (Laws of the game States) red card, Barwell would have been down to 9 men.

Joseph shouldn't never of been shown a yellow card. But guess what the useless ref did show Joseph a yellow card, it wasn't even a foul, the Barwell player dived/foul over on his own making.
Last edited by updiamonds on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Olly wrote:Oh and btw, how come there was no programme tonight?
I can imagine it's because it'd be pretty difficult to make a programme in 3 days, printing and all
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

ParcelFace wrote:
Olly wrote:Oh and btw, how come there was no programme tonight?
I can imagine it's because it'd be pretty difficult to make a programme in 3 days, printing and all
Course there was one, I got one on the way in!! :lol:
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Rushdentom

Post by Rushdentom »

Bob's Bitch wrote:
I think it would've been different if Harris had been at right-back for both games. He would've picked up the attacker at the back post for at least one of the two goals. But that's not to just blame Wilkinson for the defeat.
Think Harris must be carrying some sort of knock to not get on during both games. Obviously we were outplayed for 3/4 of the games. If Harris is carrying an injury and with Ashton out for the forseeable, maybe Peaksy should give Rashid Koriya a call as based on the Barwell games him and Wilkinson are about the same level! Ineffective defending and a liability on the ball.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

On a positive note.

Nice/excellent/fantastic news to see us get over the 1000 mark. :D :D :D :D
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Obviously gutted we lost, but personally I thought we gave a good account of ourselves. Barwell were just the better side over the 90 minutes.

Another case of inept officials, should have been at least one red for Barwell, and Scottys booking was pathetic.

Great to see over 1'100 at the game. :D
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

First of all I'll start with the red card.. In my opinion I wasn't so sure it was a red for last man. I was near on level and there was also another defender within close distance who would have also got to Lorraine, so it wasn't denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

At the end of the night barwell were a million miles better than us, more drilled and were sharper in every part of the game, on paper they should had went in 2 or 3 up in the first half!! Yes the ref was shocking in parts but he ain't to blame in the slightest. He may have been card happy but tonight just wasn't the night and full credit to barwell who over the 2 games deserved it more. Not sure Courtney is striker material, and throughout the entire first half was a simple cock up between Berwick and Ollie wilkinson who was marking their number 7, as he was in his own world with the space to walk it in.

I don't particularly want to go further into negatives and they're is simply more positives to think of!! Cracking attendance, over 16k in prize money and some good FA cup memories to live with this season. I could tell how much it meant to some of the players after the whistle in their reaction. Only hope they can raise their heads and concentrate fully on the league starting Saturday especially Liam dolman who looked deflated! I can't see the attendances staying anywhere near that especially with the cold spells coming in, but bottom line is what a fantastic cup run and well done to everyone involved!!
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60