[ Sat 24th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 3pm FAC4QR AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Sat 24th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 3pm FAC4QR AWAY

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Can I just say a big thank you to Paul, Bruce, the Northern lad with the cold, and to whoever featured on Radio Diamonds yesterday. I arrived at my hotel in fuerteventura at 2pm yesterday. And was really struggling for wifi to tune in, let alone permission from the missus who was very cheesed off at the fact we'd just arrived on holiday at I wanted to do was whack my ear phones straight in. Managed to get wifi just as Barwell went 2-1 up. Slumped in a chair with the girlfriend now consoling me sat on my lap, all I can hear is 'and Barwell clear' 'tut, Barwell defender comes away with the ball.' All of a sudden I hear absolute pandemonium!! Literally threw the bird 6 foot up in the air, legged it onto the balcony screaming, slipped on the wet floor and ended up in a Spanish hospital with a suspected re-rupture of my ACL!! :D :D :D
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

The wife had just phoned me to say , you have lost then, this was the 94 th minute as i had been texting her the scores. Just then she was nearly deafened by the noise when we scored number 2, with me shouting we have just equallised and will phone you back soon. She said it was her lucky phone call that did it.
On another note Tuesday is massive for us lets get all the drums out and all bring anyone you can and lets get at Barwell with a wall of noise
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:Can I just say a big thank you to Paul, Bruce, the Northern lad with the cold, and to whoever featured on Radio Diamonds yesterday. I arrived at my hotel in fuerteventura at 2pm yesterday. And was really struggling for wifi to tune in, let alone permission from the missus who was very cheesed off at the fact we'd just arrived on holiday at I wanted to do was whack my ear phones straight in. Managed to get wifi just as Barwell went 2-1 up. Slumped in a chair with the girlfriend now consoling me sat on my lap, all I can hear is 'and Barwell clear' 'tut, Barwell defender comes away with the ball.' All of a sudden I hear absolute pandemonium!! Literally threw the bird 6 foot up in the air, legged it onto the balcony screaming, slipped on the wet floor and ended up in a Spanish hospital with a suspected re-rupture of my ACL!! :D :D :D
Brilliant. Mind you Spanish hospitals cost though, I know from experience. ;) ;)
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

I would also estimate about 600 AFC fans they seemed to be every where
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

STAGMAN wrote:I would also estimate about 600 AFC fans they seemed to be every where
Sounds about right. Was a fairly loud cheer when they scored their second, and a group behind the goal who seemed more interested in abusing Liam Dolman, than actually watching the game!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I mean to mention that - heard "you fat bastard" shouted several times throughout the match - Liam had the last laugh eh eh? :)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Pigman wrote:I mean to mention that - heard "you fat bastard" shouted several times throughout the match - Liam had the last laugh eh eh? :)
One of two songs in their repertoire
reis

Post by reis »

The radio was great yesterday
I had it in my earphones whilst watching the rugby in a crowded pub. I got some seriously strange looks when I jumped in the air and cheered. Everyone thought I was over reacting to a kiwi knock on!
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

Highlights and Interviews

https://youtu.be/WOABnUxJc40

Enjoy
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Mal's pics are added to Paul's Match Report on the OWS.