FORUM NEWS - We're on the move

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

FORUM NEWS - We're on the move

Post by BartonRaz »

As some of you know we’ve been having issues with this forum over the last couple of years, primarily because the two guys that created the forum back in 2009 and have total control over it (Zootee and Irish Diamond) haven’t been able to assist immediately when things have gone wrong. This led to the creation of a temporary forum in the past when we’ve had days/weeks of down-time. I recall one stage where I thought it was gone for good! We decided it was unfair and problematic to be relying on people that didn’t use the forum so started actively looking for a new ‘home’.

With the help of forum user and Diamonds fan ‘MarkH’ - The Diamonds forum is on the move to a new server and new web address where we will have full control and be able to address any issues as they occur. The contents of this forum (topics, posts etc) will be transferred over too. The new link will be:

www.afcdiamondsforum.uk

Please note that as from Thursday 29th October at 9am the existing forum will close to allow us to transfer over to the new web address. This should take approximately 3-4 hours to complete. After this time keep checking the above new web address. Your existing login details along with any permissions will have also been transferred to the new web site, so other than remembering or bookmarking the new address everything will remain the same on that front.

The new server is installed with the latest version of the forum software that we currently have and includes some new features such as a twitter widget, pm notifications, direct youtube video integration (handy for AFCRDTV) and some other bits and pieces. The forum banner will also make a welcome return. I know some of you were disappointed when that disappeared!

There will be a discreet advert at the bottom of each page. This has been added so that we can hopefully generate enough money from website visits that we can put money back into AFC Rushden & Diamonds in the form of donations, coach subsidies etc. All suggestions welcome, within reason of course! The more traffic we get on the website, the more we’ll be able to donate.

We are planning on adding further features as time goes by and if you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know.

If you have any difficulties logging in to the new web site please send an email to admin@afcdiamondsforum.uk
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: FORUM NEWS - We're on the move

Post by Pigman »

Thanks for that, I've been having trouble getting on all day, is that related to the move?

Re: supporting the club - if funds allow why not put any money raised from advertising into sponsoring a player? I'm sure if there were a shortfall we could have a whip round?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

Pigman wrote:Thanks for that, I've been having trouble getting on all day, is that related to the move?

Re: supporting the club - if funds allow why not put any money raised from advertising into sponsoring a player? I'm sure if there were a shortfall we could have a whip round?
Yes same here Pigman and no it's nothing to do with the move which isn't happening until next Thursday. :D

It wasn't working this morning, was working this afternoon and after 2 hours of trying is now back up.
Unofficial Real Bedford forum
https://realbedfordforum.uk/

Unofficial AFC Rushden & Diamonds forum
https://www.afcdiamondsforum.uk/
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Just a quick reminder that this is due to take place tomorrow.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

I have seen the forum yesterday but today it only shows the front page and an advert. What am I doing wrong?
AFC R&D Membership No 283
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

The Diamonds forum move is complete.

Please note that some Images and Avatars are missing. Please re-upload your Avatar if this is the case.

If you are having any problems accessing this please send an email to admin@afcdiamondsforum.uk
Unofficial Real Bedford forum
https://realbedfordforum.uk/

Unofficial AFC Rushden & Diamonds forum
https://www.afcdiamondsforum.uk/
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Good work! ;)

Does this make us completely independent of Joe Poppy and the Ploppies?
Deryck
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Deryck »

Great job. As someone who follows from afar I rely on the fans forum in its various guises (I go back to Simon's forum around 2000) to find out what's really happening on and off the pitch.

Thanks to all of those that look after the domain and the hosting and also those that administer the forum on a day to day basis. It's much appreciated.

Cheers,

Deryck
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 506
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

:clapping:

Well done on the move guys, seamless - good to see you still following Deryck !! :joy:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I can see one of the best new features being the indicator that appears in the forum tab that there are new posts / updates.