[ Sat 15th Aug ] v Ware FC, KO 3pm SLD1C AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: [ Sat 15th Aug ] v Ware FC, KO 3pm SLD1C AWAY

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:And he scores a beauty! BR still think I'm controversial for suggesting he starts over Herbert? What a signing he looks.
To be fair you still chat an awful lot of shit!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:And he scores a beauty! BR still think I'm controversial for suggesting he starts over Herbert? What a signing he looks.
To be fair you still chat an awful lot of shit!
We will see about that come Christmas won't we :) If every AFCRD player had the calibre of Delroy Gordon and Claudiu Hoban we would absolutely blitz this league. Exciting acquisitions, hopefully we will see a few more.
Diamond-In-Barton

Post by Diamond-In-Barton »

Arlesey Town 0-2 Aylesbury
Aylesbury United 1-1 Hanwell Town
Beaconsfield SYCOB 3-0 Potters Bar Town
Chalfont St Peter 2-3 Kings Langley
Egham Town 1-2 Leighton Town
Godalming Town 2-1 Bedford Town
North Greenford United 1-1 Uxbridge
Petersfield Town 2-2 Barton Rovers
Royston Town 1-2 Northwood
St Ives Town 2-0 Fleet Town
Ware 1-1 AFC Rushden & Diamonds
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

It wasn't that comment that I thought was controversial. It was you suggesting that Herbert was as bad as the referee on Tuesday that I thought was odd.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Petersfield was just about a fair result, we shouldn't have lost on Tuesday night at St Ives, but today takes the biscuit. Ware were poor throughout besides one or two and had very little attacking threat, we've got to see matches like that out. Ref and his linesmen were awful once again.

We aren't really creating much either at the moment and didn't do a great deal to threaten what looked like a very young lad in goal for Ware. The sooner we return to a simple 4-4-2 (and stick to it throughout the 90 minutes) the better. If it ain't broken and all that.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I think that a disappointing lack of discipline cost us that win. Quite how we needed to escalate what would have been the usual handbags sort of incident into what it turned out to be is beyond me. It gained us nothing other than an extra two yellow cards, as well as the resultant disorganisation that cost us the equaliser in the third minute of the time that was added on for the incident. I'm sure some will point to the referee, but we've seen worse, and he wasn't helped by the linesman on the stand side who appeared to be completely intimidated by the incident and didn't even attempt to help calm things down, leaving the other one to come right across the pitch to help. Similarly their assistant manager shouldn't have got involved, but he wasn't the only one on the pitch when he shouldn't have been.

Last season, with the exception of the trip to Thurnby, we were very good at defending slender leads, but we've already seen that at this level the defence will tire if they have to withstand an onslaught as the opposition throw men forwards, If our strikeforce fails to take advantage of the extra room they have going forwards then we'll always be vulnerable to late goal(s).
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

BartonRaz wrote:
It wasn't that comment that I thought was controversial. It was you suggesting that Herbert was as bad as the referee on Tuesday that I thought was odd.
I'd love to receive the video footage of the game to do an Opta analysis of his performance that day. It's water under the bridge anyway because I'm sure Hoban will keep his place from now on.
DBCL

Post by DBCL »

I couldn't agree more with Formica. I don't post on here much but have to say I am getting fed up with paying money to watch footsie only to witness another mass brawl with players coming off the bench to get involved when there was no need to. A number of people round me said the same thing. We lost our discipline, lost our shape and organisation and 2 points. Ware were poor. We should have walked out the ground with smiles on our faces and all 3 points in the bag
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

If we had taken some of our chances we would have been out of site before the equaliser, Spriggs and Lorraine having one on one's saved by the keeper. Hoban does look a quality signing but if there 'llare any faults, he does like to try and always take his player on where a simple pass can be a better option. Hopefully that'll change once he's playeda few more games. Decent return from Bunts who was my MOTM today. We really need a win on Tuesday night now
Rushdentom

Post by Rushdentom »

BartonRaz wrote: we shouldn't have lost on Tuesday night at St Ives
Pretty sure we're still undefeated.

Definitely should have won today, but as I say we remain unbeaten. The sooner we get our first win (Tuesday night) the better so we can really kick start our season.