If you were Peaks...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Re: If you were Peaks...

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

Taxi for Oundle Diamond #2
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Why aren't we winning the league next year?

It depends in what league we in, if we in the Southern Central then I can't see why can't be challenging for a top 5 spot, where as if we in the Northern South, I'll be happy with a top half finish will all the extra travelling costs etc.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

If we have the highest gate receipts and commercial income, why do we have to go boom or bust to come first? I don't think promotion and working within our means are mutually exclusive.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

updiamonds wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Why aren't we winning the league next year?

It depends in what league we in, if we in the Southern Central then I can't see why can't be challenging for a top 5 spot, where as if we in the Northern South, I'll be happy with a top half finish will all the extra travelling costs etc.
Predicting a top 5 finish in the first season is hardly going to create our club a good name! Surely it's better to go in open minded and compete without putting noses out of joint first..
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Oundle Diamond #2

This is all rather fluffy. Ambition > Reputation.
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:8 games live .
Well i'm afraid that says it all. Nothing better than actually being there in person. Maybe if you'd only missed 8 games then your opinions may differ somewhat!
To be fair TIK the 4 mins of match highlights every game would clearly show the mileage & off the ball running done by Tommy B etc etc. this is going nowhere in one corner we have a Mule like creature with arguments it appears based on clips of matches and comments made on the forum by others, in the other corner a group who on average have seen in excess of 90% of all games live offering said Mule an escape route via a good old "Life of Brian" stoning. Dowlo only bothered with 1 reply & summed it up perfectly so from me for now it's Ditto Dowlo.
Last edited by Brownie on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:If we have the highest gate receipts and commercial income, why do we have to go boom or bust to come first? I don't think promotion and working within our means are mutually exclusive.
I agree, but you were advocating large scale changes to a squad that has just won promotion without even seeing how they would perform first.

Of course we should aim for the top spot - but I don't think (hope!) it's expected.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Oundle Diamond #2

Brownie wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:
Well i'm afraid that says it all. Nothing better than actually being there in person. Maybe if you'd only missed 8 games then your opinions may differ somewhat!
To be fair TIK the 4 mins of match highlights every game would clearly show the mileage & off the ball running done by Tommy B etc etc. this is going nowhere in one corner we have a Mule like creature with arguments it appears based on clips of matches and comments made on the forum by others, in the other corner a group who on average have seen in excess of 90% of all games live offering said Mule an escape route via a good old "Life of Brian" stoning. Dowlo only bothered with 1 reply & summed it up perfectly so from me for now it's Ditto Dowlo.
As the great Trevor Smith once said, Strikers are judged on how many goals they get.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Brownie wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:
Where's the like button when you need it :)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

To me Jack Ashton is more than a squad player he's arguable one of the best players, Tom Lorraine and Declan Rogers are excellent players and should be kept, improving all the time, Declan Rogers has been scoring goals for fun at the moment. Berwick should be kept.