[ Sat 28th Mar ] v Deeping Rangers, KO 3pm UCLP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: [ Sat 28th Mar ] v Deeping Rangers, KO 3pm UCLP HOME

Post by Formic »

I can't really agree they were well deserved points today. Deeping did really well with a scratch squad (only one sub), and given their dominance of the second half will have thought they deserved something from the game. We did dominate the first half - but if we don't create good chances when dominating possession we will come unstuck, and could drop points to anyone if we play like we did in the second period.

I guess we need to remain loyal to those players who got us into this position, but we really need Russ Dunkley starting alongside Tom Lorraine in the next league game, with Adam Confue fit for at least a place on the bench.

After Tuesday we will need to go with what we have, so the flexibility we saw from Tom Lorraine when he switched into midfield today might need to be repeated by other players before the end of the season.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Does anybody have any details on the injuries to Confue and Turner?

Agree about Berwick, whilst he's not playing particularly badly i'm not sure he's justifying starting every week. To be honest I think Scott Joseph can count himself a little unlucky not to be starting games.

Was that our first 1-0 win this season? 3 points was all that mattered today, don't care about the performance. We've been entertained enough this season, now is the time to grind results out and we did just that.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

I agree poor game, (Berwick hasn't been playing well recently) the windy conditions didn't help matters, bagging the 3 points is what that matters. Merrill MOTM, :D
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

BartonRaz wrote:Does anybody have any details on the injuries to Confue and Turner?
Andy said both may be available for Tuesday. I'd prefer to give Confuse more time to heal and perhaps a short run out followed by a start on Easter Monday.
dazSRJFC

Post by dazSRJFC »

The tackle that Bunts did in the first half was the only memorable thing for me really. Deeping played well to be fair, and there was always this nagging feeling that they might snatch a goal at any time. Our passing was poor, and we did n`t seem to be particularly bothered about the second ball. Ah well, 3 points. Onward and upward. ;)
AFC R&D Member Number 443
Formic

Post by Formic »

There was also the 35 yard surprise free-kick from Dolman that would have been a goal of the season contender.
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

He's the best passer in it team. Fantastic distribution. I laughed in the first half when one of their men tried to get passed him, and it was like a brick wall.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Formic

Post by Formic »

Mal's pics are added to Paul's Match Report.