[ Sat 14th Mar ] v Huntingdon Town, KO 3pm UCLP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
diamondal

Re: [ Sat 14th Mar ] v Huntingdon Town, KO 3pm UCLP HOME

Post by diamondal »

Any score today please ? :roll:[/quote]
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Wasn't there but Twitter says we won 6-1, Wisbech won 4-1 so next Saturday is going to be immense !! :)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
paulg

Post by paulg »

Great response from the lads after going 1-0 down to win 6-1. The pitch was a lot drier and harder than the last time we played on it and the players struggled to adjust in the 1st half, but things came together after the break and we cruised to another big 3 points.

Roll on next week
davealbon
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Having come flying out of the blocks but not taking our chances, and then allowing Huntingdon to take the initiative and eventually the lead, I thought we were going to be in for a long afternoon. Even after the equaliser we still didn't get going again, but after the first few minutes of the second half we completely dominated. It was a similar game to the one at Huntingdon two weeks ago; once we moved up a gear they just couldn't cope with us. We were treated to some fantastic goals too!

8 more cup finals to go, with next week being the biggest of them!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

We've certainly shown an ability to recover after going a goal down in the past couple of months, starting with the Holbeach game. I thought Brad Harris was the pick of the Diamonds players today, adding an attacking strength to his defensive skills at full back. We seemed reluctant to play the ball to feet, or to stretch the game to the flanks in the first half, but things certainly improved in the second half.

I remain concerned about the balance of our squad - with four forward players and a keeper on the bench today we might have struggled in one of our defenders picked up a knock - perhaps Gearing or Rogers are seen as stand-in full backs to allow Brad Harris to move to centre back if necessary.

I hope Jason Turner's knock isn't too bad, as he always looks sharp when he comes off the bench (as do Lorraine and Joseph).
AdamSRJFC
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by AdamSRJFC »

diamondal wrote:Any score today please ? :roll:
Listen to Radio Diamonds and you can get the score!
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Pigman wrote:Wasn't there but Twitter says we won 6-1, Wisbech won 4-1 so next Saturday is going to be immense !! :)

Do you think PNS can get anything out of the Wisbech midweek game?
davealbon
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Formic wrote:I hope Jason Turner's knock isn't too bad, as he always looks sharp when he comes off the bench (as do Lorraine and Joseph).
Peaksy said in the post match interview that Turner heard his ankle 'crack' - fingers crossed it's not as serious as it sounds.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Pigman
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

updiamonds wrote:
Pigman wrote:Wasn't there but Twitter says we won 6-1, Wisbech won 4-1 so next Saturday is going to be immense !! :)

On their day they can - but in truth I expect them to lose against a very good Wisbech side. I also expect Wisbech to get nothing next Saturday ;)

That said - PNS's away record is better than their home one - we live in hope :)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Pigman wrote:
updiamonds wrote:

On their day they can - but in truth I expect them to lose against a very good Wisbech side. I also expect Wisbech to get nothing next Saturday ;)

That said - PNS's away record is better than their home one - we live in hope :)
Shame PNS are at home then..... ;)