[ Sat 28th Feb ] v Huntingdon Town, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: [ Sat 28th Feb ] v Huntingdon Town, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

Post by corby diamond »

Well I thought seen as duel registration means a player can play for both clubs then they could have arranged for Tom cross to sit on the bench... But we've realised it doesn't exactly mean that does it? :roll:

From what I gathered overhearing him at the pns game he wasn't 100% then!! Let's hope Matt stays fit for upcoming fixtures, don't want to think of an outfield player in goal at this critical stage of the season :lol:
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

corby diamond wrote:.... don't want to think of an outfield player in goal at this critical stage of the season.
Who would play in goal, if we are faced with scenario? My money would be on Brad or Tom.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

corby diamond wrote:Well I thought seen as duel registration means a player can play for both clubs then they could have arranged for Tom cross to sit on the bench... But we've realised it doesn't exactly mean that does it? :roll:

From what I gathered overhearing him at the pns game he wasn't 100% then!! Let's hope Matt stays fit for upcoming fixtures, don't want to think of an outfield player in goal at this critical stage of the season :lol:
I'm not too sure what you mean there. Tom Cross isn't dual-registered with us - that was last season.

We saw with Parky how dual-registration could work when he came back after playing for Daventry, and the club has been quite open in the case of Ling, Koriya and Parky (subsequently) when they were no longer seen as being our player, with specific announcements on the OWS. The likes of Gyasi and Clarke aren't playing for either of their clubs now - they are abroad - so the only candidate for "sharing" is Luke Fairlamb, and he hasn't even made his debut for us.

Our "other" goalkeeper, assuming Quincy isn't ready to return, is David Bevan, who played in the Vase game - I'm not aware of him being dual-registered anywhere else, but clearly he isn't local.

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/201415-first ... t-profiles
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Unfortunately butter fingers, Dan George, won't be in goal for the Croms today since he's rejoined PNS. :(
paulg

Post by paulg »

Damn it! Was hoping we'd see George again!

Seriously, I know Huntingdon have collapsed since Christmas, but they will be up for this (some of their players may well be gunning for bragging rights over Declan) so we need to really focus on getting 3 points. I know this is the objective for us every week, but I think its often hard for a team to follow up a 9-0 win like we enjoyed last time. I know some are anticipating another thrashing but I'll take a win of any scoreline
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

Having watched them recently I do see Huntingdon as a real 6 pointer.
3 today & another 3 on 14th March at the D&D.
burger monster

Post by burger monster »

Holbeach losing 2-1
diamondal

Post by diamondal »

Any score at Huntingdon ? ;)
supersub

Post by supersub »

Anybody know the score?!!! SS. I'm waiting to go to bed ;)
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

supersub wrote:Anybody know the score?!!! SS. I'm waiting to go to bed ;)

we are winning 7 - 1 :D :D :D
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101