[ Sat 14th Feb ] v Peterboro Northern Star, KO 3pm UCLP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
paulg

Re: [ Sat 14th Feb ] v Peterboro Northern Star, KO 3pm UCLP

Post by paulg »

Good solid win, I thought the lads had to show a great deal of quality & effort to get the points. Not everything went our way but we kept plugging away, showed a great attitude and deserved the points.

The referee was laughably atrocious - hilarious seeing him give their No6 a talking to when even the player knew it was a cast iron 2nd yellow. Fantastic effort to evade applying the laws of the game.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Thought we played okay on a difficult surface (as you have to expect this time of year), with better finishing it could have been over by half time.
Very disappointed that Holbeach lost, I think a run to the final or even semi-final would have seen them slip away in the league. Still nothing we could have done about that, so it's up to us to keep on winning.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
dazSRJFC

Post by dazSRJFC »

Decent performance against a well organised opponent. Should have been more than the two, but for their keeper and some wasteful finishing, but we`d have all taken a 2-0 win at the beginning, would n`t we? Ref was laughable. On to the next cup final. :D
AFC R&D Member Number 443
AdamSRJFC
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by AdamSRJFC »

corby diamond wrote:With no Elliot in the squad let's hope for a matty gearing blinder :D 2 0!!
Ironic as Matt Gearing had a poor game today, should Peaksy have played Lamb-Johnson? :lol: :lol: :lol:
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Not surprised Holbeach lost. They have been showing signs of fatigue lately and Erith are a good team.

So now its a straight run in for the top four teams and all 4 are still in the KO Cup.

A good win today, not pretty but effective. We are at the time of season when results count more than performance. We had all the pretty stuff earlier in the season when we were winning comfortably and scoring plenty of goals.

Pressure now back on Holbeach to win in midweek and they have no league match next saturday.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Southstand wrote:Final score in the vase 3-2 to Erith & B

Holbeach had a man sent off at the end too
Sounds a pretty feisty affair, no surprise there then.
Not sure who was sent off, but following Erith twitter feed five Erith players had a yellow and six Holbeach players.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

AdamSRJFC wrote:
corby diamond wrote:With no Elliot in the squad let's hope for a matty gearing blinder :D 2 0!!
Ironic as Matt Gearing had a poor game today, should Peaksy have played Lamb-Johnson? :lol: :lol: :lol:
No! Give him 1 o 2 more starts he'll come good. If he doesn't we can re-sign Wizz!
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Not sure who was sent off
It was Nolan who received a red card near the end.
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

Overall we were the better team and deserved to win. PNS were solid and well organised but offered nothing going forward. Berwick was guilty of some poor misses but almost redeemed himself with a terrific shot against the inside of the post. Great goal from Lorraine. Not a classic game but another three points. Crowd a little disappointing - perhaps some had better offers on Valentine's Day :shock: .
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Sid wrote: Very disappointed that Holbeach lost, I think a run to the final or even semi-final would have seen them slip away in the league.
My old man was saying the same earlier, but I'm the opposite. Drury said in a recent interview that one of the main reasons he took the job was because he wanted a crack at the Vase. I wonder what it'll do to the mentality of the management and playing staff knowing that the pot of gold (Wembley) isn't at the end of the rainbow anymore. Unfortunately they've got Harrowby midweek who have really tailed off lately, that's as close to a banker as you're going to get.

I thought we played a rough pitch well today. Unlike previous weeks we created no end of chances so that made a nice change. If it wasn't for Alex Pycock it would have been a far greater marging of victory. 12 more cup finals to go.

I see our next opponents Desborough got smashed by Boston today 5-1, despite having an extra man for 85 minutes.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291