Holbeach v Cogenhoe

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: Holbeach v Cogenhoe

Post by davealbon »

mackemcobbler wrote:exactly I look on this site every now & then & find some on here seem to have a chip on their shoulder about certain teams this year its Holbeach, last year it was Spalding the year before Silby
I admit to being one of those with a chip on their shoulder when it comes to Holbeach, and Spalding last season (although I'm not aware of anyone having a problem with Sileby the year before - Oadby maybe). On all occasions though that has been down to the attitude/behaviour of certain representatives of each club - Oadby's Chairman publically criticising Starms' management skills after our defeat at their place two years ago, and their arrogance in thinking they'd won promotion in January; Fat Payment's derogatory comments about our supporters and players prior to our victory over Spalding last season; and then this season, Dumb & Dumber's digs at our club in the media, their pathetic, childish behaviour during both game between us and Holbeach, and the blatant time wasting/gamesmanship/cheating in the game a couple of weeks ago.

If any of our club officials behaved like the above we would be castigated by the entire UCL and beyond, yet when other clubs behave that way towards us, it's absolutely fine. I'm not so naive that I didn't expect this when we joined the UCL, and I totally accept that this is how things are going to be for a while yet, but I won't accept being criticised, and certainly won't apologise, for having a chip on my shoulder because of this hypocrisy.

All that aside, Jonny Allen's injury is another matter altogether, and I'm sure the vast majority of our supporters hope he makes a full recovery, and wouldn't wish that sort of injury on anyone, regardless of who they play for. Those who don't, deserve to be criticised.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

mackemcobbler wrote:
SouthRushdenJFC wrote:
Trek wrote:Great result but really hope Jonny Allen recovers. Never nice for a player to receive a bad injury like that.
At last a sensible comment on the injury. This is non league football yet some of you comment as if it's all out warfare.

No wonder everyone else thinks we are arrogant twats.
exactly I look on this site every now & then & find some on here seem to have a chip on their shoulder about certain teams this year its Holbeach, last year it was Spalding the year before Silby
I endorse everything that Dave has said. Thank you Dave, that saved me typing a lengthy answer.

Mackemcobblers problem is that as the Cobblers (or Sunderland) are never in a promotion chasing position he would not understand the banter and rivalry that goes on between clubs seeking success.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 43 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Some of the comments about Johnny Allen were above banter though.

You don't have to have studied rocket science to know that when a game is held up for over half an hour there is a serious injury, but that didn't stop stupid comments.
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:Some of the comments about Johnny Allen were above banter though.

You don't have to have studied rocket science to know that when a game is held up for over half an hour there is a serious injury, but that didn't stop stupid comments.
Where were these comments SRJ? I recall a comment from The Godfather in what I took to be a sarcastic tone, I don't recall any other comments that were "stupid" - at least not in this thread ;) ?

Or are you referring beyond this site?
Member Number: 21
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote:
mackemcobbler wrote:exactly I look on this site every now & then & find some on here seem to have a chip on their shoulder about certain teams this year its Holbeach, last year it was Spalding the year before Silby
I endorse everything that Dave has said. Thank you Dave, that saved me typing a lengthy answer.
Mackemcobblers problem is that as the Cobblers (or Sunderland) are never in a promotion chasing position he would not understand the banter and rivalry that goes on between clubs seeking success.
Mackemwobblers problem is (the clue is in his name) to be fair I have only been on this forum a couple of years and almost without fail whenever he posts anything it`s a dig at us as a Club, Team, Officials or Supporters, though as a rule he goes back under his stone after the first couple of sod off reply`s. I think he should change his name to Mackemwobblersploppies then he has all bases covered.
Well put Dave on all counts, though you missed 1 major other problem with Hugo Fotherington-Smyth the Ex Oadby Chairman, he didn`t even have the decency to reply to me when I emailed him my application for their Managers job at the end of the 2012/13 season, even though I had promised to take Starms as my No 2.
Weasel613

Post by Weasel613 »

Found this little gem on my Twitter feed tonight.

http://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/news/l ... -1-6559334
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

That is truly shocking. Just what Holbeach needed as they approach a very important cup tie. Surely they must sack him!

I wonder what Mackemcobbler makes of that. All our criticisms of the poison dwarf are justified.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

We know the area they live in now. Lets attack!!
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
paulg

Post by paulg »

Weasel613 wrote:Found this little gem on my Twitter feed tonight.

http://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/news/l ... -1-6559334
Awful. Hope the couple who suffered the unprovoked attack are okay. At least it's all gone through the courts now so the case has been dealt with.

I kind of wondered whether his inappropriate attempts at winding people up carried undertones of genuine violence away from the game and now we know.

Of course Holbeach would have no choice but to sack him if they were a professional club, but as they're very much not that and don't have a sizeable support and aren't really in the public eye, they might just hope they can get away with ignoring it.
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote:That is truly shocking. Just what Holbeach needed as they approach a very important cup tie. Surely they must sack him!

I wonder what Mackemcobbler makes of that. All our criticisms of the poison dwarf are justified.
Sure Holbeach will stand by the little s..t and remain very proud of him, as at half time when we played them following his arm waving "come on you lot" antics I mentioned to 2 of their stewards that I presumed they were embarrassed by him and the reply was "your supporters ain't any f..k..g better" Possibly they all deserve each other.
Is it safe to assume that any damage caused to the door was to the lower 3'0" or did the Drewry boys go armed with a set of steps.