[ Tue 13th Jan ] v Harborough Town, KO 7.45pm UCLP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Tue 13th Jan ] v Harborough Town, KO 7.45pm UCLP HOME

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Cogenhoe/Smelly Welly off so expect some of our 'friends' along tonight
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

We need to put the "ghost" of Oadby behind us now and move on. Tonight and Saturday v Sleaford we are against the two worst teams in the league away from home.

The team owe two big performances against these two for the fans who went to Oadby, and our goal difference is getting too close to Holbeach's. The size of the crowd tonight is immaterial, it is all about putting in a good performance and winning well.

I would like to see Dunks back in action for at least some of these games, preferably starting. He scares defenders in a way that Turner and Lorraine do not.

Although Turner and Lorraine have scored around 15 goals each, their record is disappointing considering the chance we have created. I believe a fit Dunks would by now be well into the 20's.

We can afford to play Butt for these games for his attacking ability (I don't rate his defending against better teams) and return Brad to midfield. If fit Gearing must play (his dead ball kicks are far superior to anybody else in the squad) and as I said Dunks must start to feature again soon.

The weather is looking ok now. Lets hope the lights and the team shine brightly for 90 mins.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

Yeah, I hope we get Dunks and Gearing regularly starting again asap tbh, we've really missed not having both of them playing regularly. Still 17 'cup finals' to go and 19 for Holbeach, so lots can happen between now and then, I remember Sileby looking completely unstoppable and not dropping points for months in our first season, then we beat them and they unpredictably dropped more points towards the end of the season as well and while Spalding didn't quite do that, Holbeach aren't quite up to the standards of that team so I can still see them dropping points here and there. Having said that, failure to win any more games against bottom half teams, or even teams outside the top 5 like tonight's game then I think we may have to hope Holbeach don't pass the grading requirements and I seem to remember King's Lynn fans a couple of years back having a situation at the end of the season where they weren't entirely sure whether they were going up or not because they finished second.

So let's finish as champions please lads!!! And re: tonight's crowd, I agree, it may be under 300, the weather is a bit unpredictable at the moment it seems, we could have rain, hail, sleet or snow tonight, so it'll be only the 'hardcore' out I assume.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

1-0 up.
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

Now 2-0
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
olio

Post by olio »

3-0 FT
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Vastly improved performance from last Saturday, but in truth it couldn't have been worse !! Could and should have been so many more. I thought we dominated the game and created so many chances, how was that not 4 or 5-0 at half time??

Still a long way off our best, but much, much better - build on that Saturday and then the big one!!

3-0 flattered Harborough greatly I thought !!

Rogers as motm was the right choice - I thought the build up play in the lead up to his goal was exceptional !! Much better quality deliveries from our corners as well, I bet Dunks can't wait to get back if that is the kind of service he'll be getting!!

Onwards to Saturday and the next cup final !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Much improved performance. Attendance 311, not too bad for a foul evening, live FAC replay on telly and swelled by UCL officials with nowhere else to go.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

That's more like it 3-0 win could have been more goals, 3 points on board,

Need to focus on Sleaford (on Saturday) before the big game against Holbeach.

3 points against Sleaford, :D

Thinking about both games we need to positive, positive and go out and win both games (beat Holbeach) :D
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

their keeper really kept them in it. smothered everything and he was really busy.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50