[ Sat 3rd Jan ] v Deeping Rangers, Match OFF

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rudolph_hucker

Re: [ Sat 3rd Jan ] v Deeping Rangers, Match OFF

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Three of Diamonds wrote:Without the members Rudolph there is no club. It's how it has been set up. Elitist suggests a select few whereas the majority of our supporters are members therefore it is the exact opposite. It cannot (and will not) be changed from the outside. I like and respect the fact you want to hold a different viewpoint (it's healthy) but it is what it is, I'm proud of what we've achieved so far, but there's a long way to go.

Maybe elitist is too strong a word. Although it is very clique, which is one of the reasons I've stopped being a member. I know a couple of others have too.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
Pigman wrote: I know you have an axe to grind RH,
Just for the record you know xxxx all about me. Same as your mate Brownie. Assumption in life will get you nowhere.
I'm making no assumptions, you've expressed that view on here before, the term "to have an axe to grind" wasn't meant as a dig at you, it means to have a strong personal opinion about something that you want people to accept and that is the reason why you do/say something - you have and do, I respect that - I just disagree with you on this issue!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Surely its down to Wellingborough FC for not looking after the floodlights probably.

Need to the the floodlights fixed asap, without any members AFC Diamonds can't move forward.
supersub

Post by supersub »

I did not for one moment expect you to tell all on here Trek, I just felt you were saying so much then ... If you are not careful, the divide between fans/members will become even greater. And let's face it, all said and done, we all have one thing in common AFCR&D. The £20 is not the issue here. Ohh well what do I know. SS
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

supersub wrote:I did not for one moment expect you to tell all on here Trek..
I said nothing other than to advise members, on this forum, who may not be aware that there was more detailed information from a board member on the members forum. If certain fans have choosen not to be a part owner of our club then that's their choice but a reduction in membership will, I feel, seriously restrict the progress the club can make up the non-league pyramid as volunteer resources get stretched.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

updiamonds wrote:Surely its down to Wellingborough FC for not looking after the floodlights probably.

Need to the the floodlights fixed asap, without any members AFC Diamonds can't move forward.
No it's not solely down to WTFC, it a problem that affects both clubs who share equally maintenance and other running costs at the Dog & Duck. The problem is that they are very old floodlights with minimal maintenance carried out on them until we arrived in the summer of 2012. Agree with you on your second point, however.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Given the weather today, I think we might have struggled to get a game on anyway.

Hopefully it would also put a doubt in people's minds who hadn't seen the earlier announcements about today's game and encourage them to check on the match status.
Redsnapper

Post by Redsnapper »

Anybody looking to get to watch a game.

Locally I've noticed that Whitworths (4th) are playing top of the table Northampton Spencer whilst Irchester entertain Lutterworth (2nd).

Just heard that the Whitworths game is still on at present but unsure about the Irchester game.
Supporting the community - AFC Diamonds Member No 63
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Irchester is off according to Twitter !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Trek wrote:
updiamonds wrote:Surely its down to Wellingborough FC for not looking after the floodlights probably.

No it's not solely down to WTFC, it a problem that affects both clubs who share equally maintenance and other running costs at the Dog & Duck. The problem is that they are very old floodlights with minimal maintenance carried out on them until we arrived in the summer of 2012. Agree with you on your second point, however.

Do you think that the floodlights couldn't take the extra games being played (at dog and duck) because Wellingborough didn't look after the floodlights well.

On one other note, who decided to change the kick off times UCL or FA. Thanks.