Joe Henderson

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: Joe Henderson

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

And if he was in the squad but didn't want to travel and possibly be an unused sub?
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I don't feel he has been our standout player this season. He's admitted that he doesn't like playing at full back and was given an opportunity there because of Joe Merrill's unavailabilty but Merrill is a far better right back. Apparently Henderson thinks centre half is his best position but is he better than Parky, Jamal or Jack? I thought he could have a better future as a mid fielder with his surging runs.
All in all I am extremely disappointed with his attitude and his desire to quickly vent his frustration on twitter. I've noticed in his play he is somewhat headstrong. If he wants to chuck the towell in that quickly after being left out last evening then that's his decision.
Last edited by Trek on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

I thought Joe was poor against Yaxley on Saturday, but he'd had a decent season up until that point. Still not back to the same level he showed in the second half of last season though, when I thought he was excellent and certainly looked like a player who could hopefully progress up the leagues with us.

I can understand Peaksy dropping him last night, but would be surprised if he really wasn't in the squad at all. Either way, very disappointing that his response was to do a Kingy.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

With first King and now Henderson having a strop when they don't get to start against Newport Pagnell, I wonder if they thought an Aston Martin was up for grabs for the man of the match prize ;-)
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

I heard at yesterdays game that Sean McBride had also decided to move on. another dependable player slipping away. :?:
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

If that's true and Sean has moved on that's a shame, but these lads want to play football and their chances are limited - it was always going to be tough to keep everyone happy, Peaksy has a real problem here, but on the plus side if good players are leaving, it shows we have better players in the team (if you get my drift) but it does massively wreaked the squad overall.

I liked Sean and if that is true and he's gone, I wish him well !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
dazSRJFC

Post by dazSRJFC »

Disappointed that Hendo has taken that decision. It`s a long season, and with injuries, suspensions and unavailability, having a good squad with strength in depth is vital. Get the chance, take it, earn the shirt, keep it.
If it`s true that McBride has moved on, so be it. Sorry to see him go as he`s always been one of my favourites. I wish him well and thank him for some excellent performances :D
AFC R&D Member Number 443
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I thought it was quite obvious that Sean had moved on as he has not featured at all this season. I think he was disappointed not to be in the squad from the start although missing most of pre season.
But as far as I know has not signed for anyone else.

With our squad, both Sean and Joe would have featured quite regularly as we only now have three central midfielders, and Bunts does suffer from injury problems.

A chance for them to swallow their pride and rejoin a promotion team.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote:although missing most of pre season.
Actually SD, Sean played in almost all the pre-season friendlies often being on most of every match. Speaking to his father, who was an ever present at our matches home and away, he said Sean was a tad unhappy travelling all the way to AFC Wulfranians and then being asked to play full back.
I suspected something was wrong when he was the only player not to feature in the team photograph.

He just seems to have drifted away in much the same way as Alex Deakin did last term, with no official reason given from our club, and any board members who I've spoken to have not thrown any light on the situation.

Very sad as Sean appeared to be a first rate clubman. :(
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Sean, is a key player who always put his team first.

Did you expect any explanation from the board???
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.