[ Sat 12th Jul ] v Rushden & Higham, KO 3:00pm PSF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: [ Sat 12th Jul ] v Rushden & Higham, KO 3:00pm PSF AWAY

Post by BartonRaz »

Yeah finished 2-0. Was a decent run-out. Dunkley looked like he'd lost a shed load of weight and Lamb-Johnson was very good when he came on.

Sam Brown and Jack Ashton, Joe Henderson Greg Ling and Mark Hewitt were the absentees.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Basil

Post by Basil »

Think the very young keeper that came on for Matt Finlay deserves a special mention. He made one cracking "for the camera" save and was very steady and looked like a great prospect for the future. Unfortunately I have no idea what his name is :oops:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

It was a very accomplished performance in very hot & humid conditions. Never really looked in trouble and the second goal was a beauty. Didn't see Gilly and Bunts was at the game as I saw him walk by in the second half.
AFC R & D member number 34
olio

Post by olio »

Basil wrote:Think the very young keeper that came on for Matt Finlay deserves a special mention. He made one cracking "for the camera" save and was very steady and looked like a great prospect for the future. Unfortunately I have no idea what his name is :oops:
Think his name is Redding, and he's from the U18's I believe.

I thought it was a good performance considering it's only the first PSF, and though we were never truly threatened by R&H, we moved the ball around well, and looked assured and accomplished when on the ball.

Special mentions to Dolman (very vocal and commanding at the back), Confue (seemed to have a great engine on him. MOTM for me) and Dunks, who I thought all did well.

All in all, a good start to pre-season that! :)
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
SL12

Post by SL12 »

What was the attendance ?
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

SL12 wrote:What was the attendance ?
246 - see http://www.afcdiamonds.com/rushden-high ... diamonds-2
SL12

Post by SL12 »

Thank you, thought there would of been a few more there.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Three of Diamonds wrote:It was a very accomplished performance in very hot & humid conditions. Never really looked in trouble and the second goal was a beauty. Didn't see Gilly and Bunts was at the game as I saw him walk by in the second half.
Forgot about Bunts although technically he wasn't an absentee. Is Gilly still involved with us?

Whilst on the subject of players who may/may not have left, whatever happened to Deaks?!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Everyweeker »

olio wrote:
Basil wrote:Think the very young keeper that came on for Matt Finlay deserves a special mention. He made one cracking "for the camera" save and was very steady and looked like a great prospect for the future. Unfortunately I have no idea what his name is :oops:
Think his name is Redding, and he's from the U18's I believe.
Rhys Redding, but I dont think he played for the U18s last season. Anyone have any more info?
Member Number: 21
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

The crowd was always going to be affected badly by both party in the park and the higham medival day, should have been on Friday night , I see a lot of AFC supporters in the park