[ Sat 5th Apr ] v Spalding Utd, KO 3pm UCLP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
wewantourdarbyback

Re: [ Sat 5th Apr ] v Spalding Utd, KO 3pm UCLP HOME

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Woodford Dad wrote:How some of you can come on here and defend one of your supporters punching the opposition manager belies belief ('he deserved it').
Would have been a totally different story if one of their supporters hit one of your officials.
Face up to it.......... one of your supporters has let your club down big time and should not be brushed under the carpet. :x :(
I can't see how anyone is brushing it under the carpet.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Woodford Dad wrote:How some of you can come on here and defend one of your supporters punching the opposition manager belies belief ('he deserved it').
A) Saying someone deserves a slap is VERY different to defending the person that did it.
Woodford Dad wrote: Would have been a totally different story if one of their supporters hit one of your officials.
B) If an AFCRD official had been running his or her mouth for months, showing a total lack of class and professionalism then I would be saying exactly the same - they deserved it.
Woodford Dad wrote: Face up to it.......... one of your supporters has let your club down big time and should not be brushed under the carpet. :x :(
C) This is not being 'brushed under the carpet'. The club will know who it was and will be dealing with it in due course.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I thought we matched them for much of the match and it was a cruel way to end !! The chances we created in the second half should have seen us home, but fair play to them, they played hard right up to the refs final whistle, it's what you do if you want to be champions !!

Three matches to go and then we'll see where we end up, 3rd looking best at the moment unless the wheels come off at Huntingdon, they're definately in the driving seat now for the runners up spot.

Wherever we end up, it's still been a great second season of senior football - big and important decisions ahead for the Board and I wish them well, the appointment of our next manager is vital to our future progression.

Regards what did or didn't happen after the game, it'll be investigated I'm sure and the board will take appropriate action!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Saturdays attendance was the 6th or 7th best below the Conference, even better than a couple of Conference gates. Shame Ploppies got just a few more than us.

When we get to play them again the old passion will still be there, even though we are a different club now.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Shame Ploppies got just a few more than us.
Yeah 32. I demand a recount. ;) A shame we played a club with such an abysmal away following.
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

Trek wrote:
sussexdiamond wrote: Shame Ploppies got just a few more than us.
Yeah 32. I demand a recount. ;) A shame we played a club with such an abysmal away following.
Claim a technical victory as the Ploppies opposition did take 2 coaches, where ours had 2 taxis.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

To be honest I would have been disappointed with a point on Saturday, thought spalding were there for the taking. Whether it was that they had a few injuries, were tired, the things going on defined the scenes, or because they had already won the league I thought they looked less of a team than when we played them before. Don't get me wrong they have some very good players for this level but thought they were below what we had probably expected from them. Two mistakes for their goals and chances for us to have scored a few more. Thought their wingers looked good even if we controlled them most of the time, only had to look at the cross on the run for their first goal, pretty good. I thought we were defensively good (apart from the mistakes) bunting yet gain showed his class in midfield and tom had a good game front. Only disappointment for me was some of our attacking players who didn't do enough to show that at the very top end of the league they have what it takes to make the step up.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote:Saturdays attendance was the 6th or 7th best below the Conference, even better than a couple of Conference gates. Shame Ploppies got just a few more than us.

When we get to play them again the old passion will still be there, even though we are a different club now.
Below the conference 10 games had bigger gates than us. They were:

Step 2: AFC Telford 3-1 Altrincham - 1785
Step 2: Leamington 1-0 Worcester - 657
Step 3: Blyth Spartans 0-1 FC United - 932
Step 3: Chorley 13-1 Droylsden - 849
Step 3: Dulwich Hamlet 4-2 Wingate & Finchley - 668
Step 3: Hemel Hempsted 0-0 St Albans - 1233
Step 4: Darlington 3-0 Radcliffe Borough - 1040
Step 4: K*ttering 3-0 Aylesbury - 656
FA Vase: Eastbourne U 2-4 Sholing - 1426
FA Vase: St Andrews 1-2 West Auckland - 1513

We had a bigger attendance than Alfreton 2-2 Welling in the Skrill Premier (599), and there wasn't a single game in Skrill South to hit 600.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291