Altrincham match thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
jimbobjaw

Re: Altrincham match thread

Post by jimbobjaw »

Harry wrote:****ing gutting.
Im with you Harry! Yes we would have taken a point before the game, but being 2-1 after 90 mins and drawing is gutting. Absolutely and positively, gutting.

Yes we can pull this back, and doesn't really hurt our play off chances, although 2 extra points would have been nice, but surely it is a sign of how far we have come that we are disappointed with a very respectable point.
Harry

Post by Harry »

jimbobjaw wrote:
Harry wrote:****ing gutting.
Im with you Harry! Yes we would have taken a point before the game, but being 2-1 after 90 mins and drawing is gutting. Absolutely and positively, gutting.

Yes we can pull this back, and doesn't really hurt our play off chances, although 2 extra points would have been nice, but surely it is a sign of how far we have come that we are disappointed with a very respectable point.
It is a huge blow. Looking at the table, we're still in a good position. Todays other results matter little - Luton we know are going to make the playoffs, Mansfield still are adrift.

But the way we lost those two points...it just makes me think 'that could be the turning point'.

I actually feel depressed at the moment.
Got a roast lamb coming in 20 minutes cooked by my mum, my first roast of the year, but at the moment I don't feel like eating a thing
Diamond down South.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

I was doing some DIY and could only get three counties radio, I think the commentater is sleeping with the Luton players.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

It isn't a hugh blow, its a slight set-back !! Start hitting the panic button and the pressure all gets heaped back onto the players - who do read this site you know???

This happens in football, it will happen to Luton, Oxford, Stevenage, York, Mansfield etc etc - there is a lot of football to be played yet !! We're a good side, we'll bounce back from this !!

Enjoy your lamb Harry :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Harry

Post by Harry »

PigmanRDFC wrote:It isn't a hugh blow, its a slight set-back !! Start hitting the panic button and the pressure all gets heaped back onto the players - who do read this site you know???

This happens in football, it will happen to Luton, Oxford, Stevenage, York, Mansfield etc etc - there is a lot of football to be played yet !! We're a good side, we'll bounce back from this !!

Enjoy your lamb Harry :D
I know, I know, and I'll probably come to accept it tomorrow. But for now, I just can't stop thinking about those lost 2 points!

And I'm gonna try and keep your point in mind, stop stressing and enjoy the lamb, I've been drooling over the thought of it for a week. :D
Diamond down South.
BringBackDuane

Post by BringBackDuane »

I have calmed down now.

I've enjoyed not having that feeling for a while now.

Still really disappointed, but we have 3 crucial games within 10 games coming up! Got to look for 6/7 points from them!
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

Those two points come the end of the season could make a big difference it's easy scoring 8 past a beaten team but giving those two points away so late shows that some of the team need a bit more backbone.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Forget Oxford on Wednesday, the important game is AFCW on Saturday, there are 2 spots up for grabs and 3 challengers, Us, York and AFCW. The Dons have a game in hand on us at present so beating them would nullify their game in hand. Let's move on swiftly from today, I don't want to spend time thinking about it.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

coltrane wrote:Those two points come the end of the season could make a big difference it's easy scoring 8 past a beaten team but giving those two points away so late shows that some of the team need a bit more backbone.
What about the points dropped against Salisbury in the opening game of the season? They could have made a difference too !!

How can you possibly question the backbone of the team when you look at the results recently??? :shock: Should Stevenage fans say the same about their team after they lost in the last minute to us??? Sorry, I just don't get that kind of thinking !!

1-2 up away from home, the the home side launch a desperate ball in and get a result from it - it happens !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Heads up lads and lasses. Our team is giving us one hell of a great season so far and we're still in with a shout of making the play-offs. We got lucky against Tamworth and our luck ran out today, that's the way it goes and it could have been far worse eh?
Always look on the bright side of life . . . . :lol: :lol:
AFC R & D member number 34