Today's Other Games

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BringBackDuane

Today's Other Games

Post by BringBackDuane »

I think we are getting to the stage in the season where looking at other teams results is almost as important as your own...

Ebbsfleet United vs Luton - a potentially tricky one for Luton in my opinion. Moses Ashikodi and Magno Vieira are dangerous against any defence in the league.

Histon vs Mansfield - a tricky place to go as we proved when we played them there. I think defeat leaves Mansfield all but out of it.

K*ttering vs FGR - should be a home win, but K*ttering have been poor at home of late, and FGR have showed signs that they are improving. They are in a dogscrap and hopefully can do us a favour!

York vs Wimbledon - I love these games. You can't really lose. Its guaranteed that you will win somehow, and a draw will do thankyou very much. I predict a York win though.

Today is also a chance for us to put the pressure on the top two. With neither playing in the league, I think points on the board are more important than games.

Cmon Rushden!!!
jimbobjaw

Re: Today's Other Games

Post by jimbobjaw »

BringBackDuane wrote:I think we are getting to the stage in the season where looking at other teams results is almost as important as your own...

Ebbsfleet United vs Luton - a potentially tricky one for Luton in my opinion. Moses Ashikodi and Magno Vieira are dangerous against any defence in the league.

Histon vs Mansfield - a tricky place to go as we proved when we played them there. I think defeat leaves Mansfield all but out of it.

K*ttering vs FGR - should be a home win, but K*ttering have been poor at home of late, and FGR have showed signs that they are improving. They are in a dogscrap and hopefully can do us a favour!

York vs Wimbledon - I love these games. You can't really lose. Its guaranteed that you will win somehow, and a draw will do thankyou very much. I predict a York win though.

Today is also a chance for us to put the pressure on the top two. With neither playing in the league, I think points on the board are more important than games.

Cmon Rushden!!!

Oh you started so well! I agree with everything, except the bit in Bold. Yes i agree it woudl be nice to be putting pressure on the teams at the top, but i am afraid i am not convinced we will finish above Lootun yet, so lets just hold our horses.

Win today, and if results go for us, we can be very confident of a play off place, barring a very shocking change in fortunes. Even if results dont go for us, a win today will be massive. People seem to be underestimating Alty, but they have been on a very strong run of late, and im sure some of their most delusional fans will still be considering that the play offs are still available for them. Beating the scum, with the best away record, should not be underestimated, and i think we will be in for a very tough test today.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!!
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

York v Dons is off - waterlogged pitch. Good news for Dons as they have a number of injury problems.
Steve

Post by Steve »

BringBackDuane wrote:I think we are getting to the stage in the season where looking at other teams results is almost as important as your own...
Although I agree that other teams results are important to us, our destiny is in our own hands here and as long as the squad and management keep going as the our, churning out these results, other's results will not matter.

I read through the Corcoran interview on the OS and he said exactly the right things, keeping feet on the ground and all that. I do seriously think that if the team and JEMS can not get carried away we will undoubtedly finish in the play-offs. IMO we have a very difficult run in, but it seems the players and management are approaching it in exactly the right way
BringBackDuane

Post by BringBackDuane »

Formic wrote:York v Dons is off - waterlogged pitch. Good news for Dons as they have a number of injury problems.
Any chance of our game being off? :(
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

BringBackDuane wrote:
Formic wrote:York v Dons is off - waterlogged pitch. Good news for Dons as they have a number of injury problems.
Any chance of our game being off? :(
Apparently its not chucking it down, but it is raining. I would suggest it should be ok (cue for heavens to open :oops: ;) )
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

BringBackDuane wrote:
Ebbsfleet United vs Luton - a potentially tricky one for Luton in my opinion.
Good call. ;)
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Trek wrote:
BringBackDuane wrote:
Good call. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

PigmanRDFC wrote:
Trek wrote:
BringBackDuane wrote:
Good call. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To be fair, he was looking good at 1-0 Ebbsfleet!!!