after the last few days....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rdfc4life

Re: after the last few days....

Post by rdfc4life »

Cotty wrote: - that's more than Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs put together - and will go on to score many more
I think there is a slight difference between PL defences and UCL Prem defences :shock:
Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Three Nips »

Duke of Wimbourne wrote:
Three of Diamonds wrote:Dunkleys attitude and effort has been great. Christ we lose a couple of games and we're moaning like fcuk. HTFU you lot ;)

I'm afraid it will always be the case, I remember people moaning when we got promoted to Div1 8-)
There's a marked difference between moaning about losing a couple of games and just generally being disappointed with the product on offer.

I don't expect firweworks, let's face it, we're watching glorified Sunday League football, but the assumption that everybody should be greatful just to have a football club is wide of the mark in my eyes. If you're happy to turn up every week, watch mid-table mediocrity with no ambition to progress, then fair enough, that's your prerogative but I'd like to think that those with a say have more positive intentions.

My fear is that people may just drift away and find other things to do in their lives with the one-dimensional show on offer, coupled with what may seem to be a season of dead-rubbers. It could be a task and a half to entice 'floating' fans back after a prolonged break. I know I'm playing a bit of devil's advocate here but football clubs do tend to be blinkered.

I don't think anyone disagrees that those involved with the decision making process don't have the 'best interests' of the club at heart but that doesn't mean that those decisions are always going to be correct and agreed with on a unanimous basis.
Everywhere we go....
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by Brownie »

rdfc4life wrote:
Cotty wrote: - that's more than Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs put together - and will go on to score many more
I think there is a slight difference between PL defences and UCL Prem defences :shock:
With the possible exception of Tightarse Bramble who has to be the worst centre half to make a very good living since the Prem started. That is of course IMO & possibly not factual.
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Three Nips wrote:
Duke of Wimbourne wrote:
Three of Diamonds wrote:Dunkleys attitude and effort has been great. Christ we lose a couple of games and we're moaning like fcuk. HTFU you lot ;)

I'm afraid it will always be the case, I remember people moaning when we got promoted to Div1 8-)
There's a marked difference between moaning about losing a couple of games and just generally being disappointed with the product on offer.

I don't expect firweworks, let's face it, we're watching glorified Sunday League football, but the assumption that everybody should be greatful just to have a football club is wide of the mark in my eyes. If you're happy to turn up every week, watch mid-table mediocrity with no ambition to progress, then fair enough, that's your prerogative but I'd like to think that those with a say have more positive intentions.

My fear is that people may just drift away and find other things to do in their lives with the one-dimensional show on offer, coupled with what may seem to be a season of dead-rubbers. It could be a task and a half to entice 'floating' fans back after a prolonged break. I know I'm playing a bit of devil's advocate here but football clubs do tend to be blinkered.

I don't think anyone disagrees that those involved with the decision making process don't have the 'best interests' of the club at heart but that doesn't mean that those decisions are always going to be correct and agreed with on a unanimous basis.

Hang on a minute, I take that as a personal insult.
I got off my arse to help get this club off the ground and have put many hours in to making sure it works properly and as professionally as possible. As has the rest of the board and in some cases, beyonmd the call of duty.

The football at the moment may not suit some people, but as I understand it, the majority of fans are here to get this club somewhere near to where the old one was. Rome wasn't built in a day and I assume you are from the generation that wants instant success.

You have to work hard to get where you want to be, and you need to lay down foundations to achieve that success. Along the way there will be set backs, but to take two defeats as a disaster is nonsense and shows a complete lack of understanding in to what makes a football club tick.

Now if you have a few millions pounds to donate or even a couple of your precious hours to help out at the club, then I will back you all the way to achieve European cup glory for us 8-)
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Cotty wrote:We drop a few points we could/should have gained. A couple of disenchanted reserves leave and suddenly it's doomsday. We are very young as a team and will make mistakes from which we should learn. But,come on, how is moaning at our three excellent strikers going to help? Between them they have scored 48 goals this season already - that's more than Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs put together - and will go on to score many more, if this criticism from a few of you does not force them to seek fresh pastures. Get behind the team, cheer them on this Saturday and put all this negativity behind you.

Great post 8-)
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Olly wrote:
I'm sorry but how is moaning at your teammates whenever they don't put a perfect ball onto his head or blaming teammates for his own misplaced passes a great attitude? He puts in a lot of effort I agree and has done a hell of a lot for the team this season, but I'm sick of seeing him having a go at his teammates and if I was in the team quite frankly I'd be a bit sick of it.
Fortunately I reckon they're all man enough to take a bit of stick a) from their team mates and b) from their supporters. Come on guys it's our second season there's much to learn and we'll get there.
AFC R & D member number 34
Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Three Nips »

I'm afraid it will always be the case, I remember people moaning when we got promoted to Div1 8-)[/quote]

I don't think anyone disagrees that those involved with the decision making process don't have the 'best interests' of the club at heart but that doesn't mean that those decisions are always going to be correct and agreed with on a unanimous basis.[/quote]

Hang on a minute, I take that as a personal insult.
I got off my arse to help get this club off the ground and have put many hours in to making sure it works properly and as professionally as possible. As has the rest of the board and in some cases, beyonmd the call of duty.

The football at the moment may not suit some people, but as I understand it, the majority of fans are here to get this club somewhere near to where the old one was. Rome wasn't built in a day and I assume you are from the generation that wants instant success.

You have to work hard to get where you want to be, and you need to lay down foundations to achieve that success. Along the way there will be set backs, but to take two defeats as a disaster is nonsense and shows a complete lack of understanding in to what makes a football club tick.

Now if you have a few millions pounds to donate or even a couple of your precious hours to help out at the club, then I will back you all the way to achieve European cup glory for us 8-)[/quote]

Case in point!

Please clarify what exactly you are taking offence at?
Everywhere we go....
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

That's the bit I take exception to, if you don't think we want to move this club forward as quickly as possible, then you have not been listening. If a cup final and a promotion in the first two years of the club's formation isn't successful enough for you, then I and everyone else should just pack it in, as obviously nothing is going to satisfy your ambitions.
Why do you think so many people put so much effort in trying to get this club going and trying to get promotion year on year.............we want success, but we are realistic to know that it takes hard work, planning and Yes, some luck
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Three Nips wrote: There's a marked difference between moaning about losing a couple of games and just generally being disappointed with the product on offer.

I don't expect firweworks, let's face it, we're watching glorified Sunday League football, but the assumption that everybody should be greatful just to have a football club is wide of the mark in my eyes. If you're happy to turn up every week, watch mid-table mediocrity with no ambition to progress, then fair enough
Rome wasn't built in a day, but then it did fall down in one. Much as I'd like to see rapid progression for obvious reasons the rise of AFCR&D may take a little longer than R&D it's the dreaded sustainability word but it's a very important one and possibly the Clubs only realistic chance of long term survival. Glorified Sunday League Football is free to watch, Div 1 with a group of over paid alleged stars cost a few million a season, IMO the Clubs realistic long term aim is somewhere in the middle & sadly if we are ever to have our own home it may take a while. The support base we have is again IMO the hardcore who in the most are prepared for the long haul. Not sure what everyone who possibly have not stooped so low as to watch UCL football before are expecting. Was the Cambridge game Sunday league :?: sorry but have to agree to disagree on this one, though can think of a quick fix. We find a wealthy local businessman who pumps.................. All got the tee shirt for that though haven't we.
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

On the Dunks issue, that's him always has been & always will, think it's only those of us on the outside of the barrier who even notice it. Players may have done for the first few games but not anymore. It is IMO not always a case of moaning but he sets high standards & wants it right all the time it's almost like a release valve. After all if your 6'2" & 14st why put your hands up & admit a mistake when you can have a moan at 8st of Faz :lol: