[Tues 29th Oct] v Sileby Rangers 7:45pm UCLP Away

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: [Tues 29th Oct] v Sileby Rangers 7:45pm UCLP Away

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic wrote:I think we'd said a few times that one day our finishing will click and we'll inflict a heavy defeat onto our opponents. We certainly did that last night, and as well as the forward players our midfielders pressed well - and had to do some serious covering back at times with both Merrill and Brown given licence to get forwards so much. Séan McBride did really well to stop one Rangers attack in particular - he's certainly back to his best in the past few games.
I agree he's been great lately. As I recall it took him until mid-October to get going last season.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

great win and clinical in front of goal, we started the game in great tempo, died down in the second half. Sileby knocked it about well but we just had too much for them.

As for Lance there must be something we as fans don't know about because he is the sort of player we are looking for, he has lots of potential and could develop into one hell of a player.

On another note I wasn't standing behind the goal in the second half but the two kids that were shouting all sorts all game, was their parents with them?
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

sandringhamdiamond wrote: On another note I wasn't standing behind the goal in the second half but the two kids that were shouting all sorts all game, was their parents with them?
If you mean Bob & Jim, sorry that was my fault, I was the designated responsibly adult in charge of the pair of them last night & I failed in my duties.
supersub

Post by supersub »

Tut tut Brownie, not good enough!! As for you Formic temporarily forgetting to say about the pics, you can stand in the corner too!! SS
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

sandringhamdiamond wrote: On another note I wasn't standing behind the goal in the second half but the two kids that were shouting all sorts all game, was their parents with them?

No their parents weren't with them. They don't like football. The (kids) children were admittedly shouting things towards the ref and IF you had bothered to notice they were reprimanded EVERY time. Hey ho another snide online anonymous complaint. Gotta love this forum. No wonder nobody of any importance ever bothers with it.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

FOOTYMAN wrote:
bozzer wrote:A few of us are scratching our heads to say the least after a 7-1 win I kind of expected everyone to be rather happy with that, not going on about a player.

There are 2 sides to every story remember, one is tweeted and one (quite correctly) is not.

Does everything think the manager is a horrid person on a self important ego trip to destroy a young lads confidence?, absolutely not.

I put my faith in Starms and Peaksey to get the results on the pitch, which is what we want isn't it? Or would we rather be rotating the squad just so all the players are happy and losing every week.

If a bigger club with more money came calling most of our players would be off, thats the nature of football, you can't have it both ways.

Feel free to put a motion up at the next fans forum to say we want our club to put player happiness first and results second and no one can moan if we are still in the UCl premier in 5 years time.
I accept all of this. It is just a case that we are passionate and endear ourselves to some players more than others. Lance is one of them and we feel he has deserved a run in the starting 11 over the last few weeks. He hasn't been given that opportunity and we are voicing our opinions as to the reason. It is perceived that the managers are not treating him as we would expect, because, they don't do as we would, and choose him in the starting 11. I would like to see Lance play more than he has.
Some great points well made. Personally I was so sad to see Lance slowly trudge off the pitch to get changed without getting on again, he walked right by me and really looked down and if we lose him because of this it'll be an awful shame. I hope he sees the potential and stays along for the ride, he could become a great favourite if he stays and learns from the likes of Dunkley.
AFC R & D member number 34
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

rudolph_hucker wrote:

No their parents weren't with them. They don't like football. The (kids) children were admittedly shouting things towards the ref and IF you had bothered to notice they were reprimanded EVERY time. Hey ho another snide online anonymous complaint. Gotta love this forum. No wonder nobody of any importance ever bothers with it.
I was stood near them and they were very enthusiastic and were only shouting things that any normal kids/children at there age would shout. I actually think that some people must live in a cave.
Anyway well done Lee on bringing them along, they seemed to enjoy it!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Attendance now confirmed as 334.
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

Formic wrote:Attendance now confirmed as 334.
Just short of the top of the table clash towards the end of last season then :o :o