Nat and Lance both released

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rudolph_hucker

Re: Nat and Lance both released

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Bob's Bitch wrote:Unless either of them have deleted a tweet then I can't see anything that actually calls out Starmer or the club? This next month is going to be bumpy.

They may well gave done that. Tbf they didn't directly name names. It was a general slagging off. For all I know it was seen by somebody and could have been the instigators tweet that sent out the warnings.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Lance and Nat Depart

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

BartonRaz wrote:I agree that shouting off on Twitter is not great, but is this punishment not a little excessive? That said, we don't know if they've been warned in the past so i'll back the manager on this one.

IMO we've lost two very good players and our squad is looking incredibly thin now. It'll be interesting to see what happens from here.

I'm TOTALLY playing devil's advocate here, but I wonder if Dunks/Sam Brown/Alfie would have been released for doing the same thing?
I am very disappointed that Lance has gone, but to be honest was expecting it to happen.

Shocked about Nat being let go as well.

That being said, I am fully behind Mark's decision.

Regarding Dunks, Sam & Alfie, I don't think they'd air their frustration on Twitter anyway.

Edit: As Rudolph said at least one of those three was moaning on twitter, but was nothing to worry about IMO.
Last edited by AFCRD_Dan on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
AdamSRJFC

Post by AdamSRJFC »

To be perfectly honest, players that show commitment and willingness to play every week and do well deserve a place in the team.

I'd much rather see Morgs play or one of the U21's, than a player who constantly moans on twitter when they don't play, but maybe that's just my opinion.
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Re: Lance and Nat Depart

Post by Brownie »

BartonRaz wrote:I'm TOTALLY playing devil's advocate here, but I wonder if Dunks/Sam Brown/Alfie would have been released for doing the same thing?
Can only make a comment with any conviction regarding one, and that would be he wouldn`t have been daft enough to do it, or if he made the mistake once it wouldn`t have been repeated.
I`m sure our management team are not so heavy handed this has happened off the back of a few twitter comments in the past few days, but more likely a series of events over a period of time, and we will never be party to the full facts, so in the interest of the Club we back those in charge and move on.
Whilst I agree Lance had been unfortunate with the amount of game time given to him, for the 300 of us there on Tuesday night who witnessed his warm up :oops: compared to one BM if that was a sign of his attitude over the past few weeks what has happened to day comes a no surprise sadly.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I don't honestly think Lance Allen should have started each week. He's not currently better than the 3 attacking options ahead of him IMO and I think even he'd acknowledge that.

However, I don't think i'm being totally unfair when I say that treatment of Lance has been strange, at least from the outside. Obviously we don't know the facts, we're not at training each week and we don't know the bloke, but here's the facts from a supporters point of view:

- His 'chances' this season have been limited to two tough county cup games, in which he's played alongside other players that hadn't been playing regular football.

- Each time he's been given a decent amount of playing time in other league and cup games (Cambridge, Harborough, Woodford) he's done extremely well and contributed greatly to the team.

- Three times this month alone he's been brought on after the 84th minute (84th, 89th and 90th). No time to make an impression.

I have to be honest I felt really sorry for him at Desborough, but the writing was on the wall Tuesday night when Morgan was brough on ahead of him. Nothing against Ben, he's a bit of a hero after last season, but people say he was given a chance after an excellent game for the U21's. Lance never had that opportunity.

Like I say, we don't know the full story, but that's how I and many others see it from the outside so fans frustrations can be understood IMO. OK he's not a Dunkley or Koriya, but he was good enough to play a more significant part.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote:I don't honestly think Lance Allen should have started each week. He's not currently better than the 3 attacking options ahead of him IMO and I think even he'd acknowledge that.

However, I don't think i'm being totally unfair when I say that treatment of Lance has been strange, at least from the outside. Obviously we don't know the facts, we're not at training each week and we don't know the bloke, but here's the facts from a supporters point of view:

- His 'chances' this season have been limited to two tough county cup games, in which he's played alongside other players that hadn't been playing regular football.

- Each time he's been given a decent amount of playing time in other league and cup games (Cambridge, Harborough, Woodford) he's done extremely well and contributed greatly to the team.

- Three times this month alone he's been brought on after the 84th minute (84th, 89th and 90th). No time to make an impression.

I have to be honest I felt really sorry for him at Desborough, but the writing was on the wall Tuesday night when Morgan was brough on ahead of him. Nothing against Ben, he's a bit of a hero after last season, but people say he was given a chance after an excellent game for the U21's. Lance never had that opportunity.

Like I say, we don't know the full story, but that's how I and many others see it from the outside so fans frustrations can be understood IMO. OK he's not a Dunkley or Koriya, but he was good enough to play a more significant part.
From this supporter's point of view there is also the question of how often he's impressed when starting in other games. Unfortunately when we are playing important cup games, or in league games where the top two teams have such an excellent record, its difficult to give other players a chance. MS tried this with Wizz against PNS, and he decided to leave anyway.

From the facts point of view there are the issues of Lance's late withdrawal from the Wisbech game, and his pre-match approach to the Sileby game, both of which were documented in Mark Starmer's interviews.
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

Starting to get very confused :roll: over the past few months i`ve lost count of the times on this forum the quality and performances of our players on occasions has been questioned, I have always come back with we are not at NP anymore and are not a full time pro Club, the fact we are not is now being offered as an excuse for players not doing and behaving as asked, requested, required.
No we are not a full time Club but we are not exactly your average Step 5 Club either, and mainly due to aspirations of us the supporters a heavier than normal burden is placed upon those who represent us, we expect more than most at this level and sometimes the lads fall a little short on the pitch, to be expected on one training session a week, but you don`t need to train to listen and do as requested :oops: sure now this has happened we may get more from one side on bloody Twitter, but would hope and expect little more will come from the Club, and rightly so, a decision has been made in the eyes of those who made it, in the best interest of the Club, they just need us all to back them on it now.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Correct we are not a fully professional Football Team but that does not mean the players should not behave in a professional way and if told to do something by the managment they comply and not bitch, moan and sulk.

The Manager is in sole charge of team affairs and has the final say, you tow the line or depart its that easy.

So unless those moaning about our managers decision want to dipose our current chairman and then appoint their own manager who will play any player that moans on social media, well we would have a wonderful team of bitchers constantly changing week in week out.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
AdamSRJFC

Post by AdamSRJFC »

Biggles wrote:Correct we are not a fully professional Football Team but that does not mean the players should not behave in a professional way and if told to do something by the managment they comply and not bitch, moan and sulk.

The Manager is in sole charge of team affairs and has the final say, you tow the line or depart its that easy.

So unless those moaning about our managers decision want to dipose our current chairman and then appoint their own manager who will play any player that moans on social media, well we would have a wonderful team of bitchers constantly changing week in week out.
+1
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Biggles wrote:Correct we are not a fully professional Football Team but that does not mean the players should not behave in a professional way and if told to do something by the managment they comply and not bitch, moan and sulk.

+2