Fans Forum???

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Fans Forum???

Post by Pigman »

Wouldn't now be a fantastic time to have a fans forum again? With things looking so much brighter than they have for so very long it'd be a great time to debate the future, both on and off the field.

I'd love to hear about the hotel plans and how they're going (or not) and what if anything is happening about us being a training site for Olympics. What is the state of our finance? Do we need to worry/fund raise? With the close season soon upon us, can we get people signed up for some working groups over the summer??? I'd love to join in cleaning some of the Stadium Facia for example, be great to see the stadium lovely and white again !!!

I just think there is such a feelgood factor around the club at the moment it would be a great time to cash in on that and pull everyone together - what do you lot think?

I know people from the club look in on this board, personally I think it would be a fantastic time to meet with the fans and give us the low down, the management, the players, the Chairman, would all be in for a very easy ride and may even get a standing ovation for what has been achieved this season !!! :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
DiamondsFan

Re: Fans Forum???

Post by DiamondsFan »

I think after the season but just before everybody disappears for the summer - end of May?

I'd happily come down and offer to lend a hand after work some nights during the close season too.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

The thought did occur to me earlier in the season, although with things going well, would we get the numbers? That sounds bizarre, but the previous occaisions have been when an air of uncertainly has surrounded the club.

Perhaps using this board as a starting point, we could have a poll to get an idea of the support on this board? But rather than a simple yes or no, we also include in the options whether they would attend (eg. "Yes and I would attend" and "Yes but I would not attend").
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Trouble with after the end of the season is that the players go on holiday almost immediately for a well earned (this year ;) ) rest, as do the management. Plus (looking on the dark side here) IF we don't make the play-offs a darker cloud will gather over Nene Park............at the moment the sun is shining and everything in the garden is rosy, get people signed up now to working groups before they disappear for their holidays is what I think - once the season is over and people aren't coming for matches you'll find it harder to get the to come to a Forum meeting IMO.
supersub

Post by supersub »

Excuse me lads but it's my job to mention the Fans Forum, ask Formic ;)
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

supersub wrote:Excuse me lads but it's my job to mention the Fans Forum, ask Formic ;)
When I saw your name on this thread I had a touch of deja vu ;) ;)

I agree that now would be a good time to get people signed up etc - I thought things petered out quite badly at the end of last season, with the remnants of the Trust Board finally being put into mothballs, whereas in previous years there had been much more focus on the efforts of volunteers and the need for help during the summer. I think that made the sterling efforts of those that organised the summer work even more difficult - and I wonder if they will all be willing to take on the challenge unaided this season.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Have a word with the powers that be then Formic - if I see Helen, Rachel or Keith Wednesday evening I'll certainly ask, but you have FARRRRR more influence than little ol me :D !!
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I was trying to remember when the last one was - I remember Chris Hope telling us he was still gunning for the playoffs despite being midtable - was it really two years ago ?
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Formic wrote:I was trying to remember when the last one was - I remember Chris Hope telling us he was still gunning for the playoffs despite being midtable - was it really two years ago ?

Can't be two years cos we had one shortly after JEMS took over from GH.
AFC R & D member number 34
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Two of Diamonds wrote:
Formic wrote:I was trying to remember when the last one was - I remember Chris Hope telling us he was still gunning for the playoffs despite being midtable - was it really two years ago ?

Can't be two years cos we had one shortly after JEMS took over from GH.
I think we've had one every year since 2007. The first one was with Westley, the next one I think involved Hope, then last year's with Justin.