FA CUP Draw, Dover AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheWizardsSleeve

Re: FA CUP Draw, Dover AWAY

Post by TheWizardsSleeve »

Ahhh Dover away, what a magical fixture that use to be. Who's joining me in the goal net if Rushden score? Its Dover tradition. And to push your mate over the railing when he's stood on it waving his arms in the air trying to get on tv, pity there was no third eye then! (Its on the highlights of the Conference winning season).

£48 return from Bedford, take a bit of discount with a group four..may even run a party bus to this one like the good old days
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

Exciting draw - and a ground I never reached with the old club.

Having said that, I'm not sure there is a worse draw for me geographically!

Dover beat Step 4 Guernsey 3-2 at a neutral venue in the last round, and did blow a 2-0 lead at one stage.
Member Number: 21
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

Don`t think it will be a goal fest :cry: they have had 2 1-0 wins in league this season and 4 1-0 defeats the other 3 games have been 2-1 & 2-0 wins and a 1-2 defeat, 9 games and a total of 14 goals :shock: that`s a normal weeks worth for us :lol: . Of the 9 league games played only 2 against teams in top 8 of a 22 team league. Get on the phone to Skippy as Brackley played them pre season, they are playing tomorrow but in Kent Senior Cup so not worth a run down as presume they will put 2nd string out. This has got major Cup shock written all over it :D They don`t score many good, and don`t let many in, but we can score against anyone, sticking with 1-2 away win.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Booze trip over to Calais anyone? :D
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Its tough, but so far we have met a Step 4 side and won, a Step 3 side and won - who says we can't pull off a hat-trick with a Step 2 side eh? ;)

We need to play with confidence and stay focused, we can do this people !! Long trek compared with what we're used to, but should be a decent crowd - looking forward to it already - bring it on !! :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
ChorltonV

Post by ChorltonV »

So many memories, I can't repeat too many on a public forum, but back in the days before kids and wives, this was a cracking venue to visit, drinking and watching the game from the bar always ended badly!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

We need not worry about a replay as they are going to hammer us good and proper. :? http://doverathletic.freeforums.org/fa- ... t3136.html
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

lol let them think that, I think one or two Cambridge City fans said something similar and look how that turned out for them ;) :lol:

We've nothing to lose and everything to gain, the boys can travel with confidence and have a real go !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Their home form isn't the best and they have only scored 7 goals in 9 games but they are 3 league's above us. A result is not impossible for us, but the only worry i have is the gap between us and Cambridge was very evident in parts on Saturday, especially with the pace they play the game, Dover will be an improvement on that.
Last edited by Rushdenjim on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Bring it on. Just an idea but to get as many fans down there for this one could the club offer subsidised coach travel. We have made some extra money from this run, including replays, and say a 5 pound reduction on the coach should tempt quite a few. Before anyone asks I am going on the train, just thought it would be a nice touch.