Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Frogerz

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Frogerz »

Bob's Bitch wrote:If there's one thing that's annoying about "modern football", it's the people who say they're "against modern football" when it's quite clear that if you actually asked them to explain why they're against it their reply would mostly consist of 'ummm', 'errrrr' and 'well yeah I just am y'know'.

I'm starting the campaign Against Against Modern Football.
High ticket prices, players wages, Sky fans, no standing at grounds, OTT police presence at games, money motivated players, commercial aspects etc...

Is that a good enough reason to be against it?
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Frogerz wrote:
Bob's Bitch wrote:If there's one thing that's annoying about "modern football", it's the people who say they're "against modern football" when it's quite clear that if you actually asked them to explain why they're against it their reply would mostly consist of 'ummm', 'errrrr' and 'well yeah I just am y'know'.

I'm starting the campaign Against Against Modern Football.
High ticket prices, players wages, Sky fans, no standing at grounds, OTT police presence at games, money motivated players, commercial aspects etc...

Is that a good enough reason to be against it?
Hang on, no one is forced to pay high ticket prices.
Players' wages only reflect the market for players and the revenue that the clubs earn.
How exactly is anyone going to eradicate armchair football fans, they've always been a problem?
There is standing at grounds, just not all.
There wouldn't be an OTT Police presence at games if it hadn't been shown, over the last 40-50 years, that enough football fans like to fight each other to make it something that requires policing.

The only one that makes a bit of sense is the lack of safe standing at high-level grounds and that requires campaigning to get legislation through Parliament. The rest is bollocks.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

"No one is forced to pay high ticket prices" is that actually a counter argument you're presenting?

I'll bite, no, we don't 'have to pay' those prices, but they mean we, the ordinary fans, are being priced out of football at all but the lower levels.

Just because 'the market value' for footballers wages means they get it is no reason not to hate the fact that that market value is so high.

Sky's money has changed football, the game that was once there is gone and clubs are driving themselves into the ground to get to the position where they get a scrap of that dough and can compete. Don't manage? Well tough, off you go.

One day it'll implode, I'll be very happy with that day, maybe then someone at the FA will stand up to the Premier League and impose some Bundesliga style arrangements.

So no, the rest wasn't 'bollocks'.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I see they've signed a new player called Jimmy Page - all puns about "going down like a Led Zeppelin" now allowed.

I also see they've put a list of valid questions on Poppynet about the financial situation, only to be told by Ritchie Jeune that they won't be answered until after their appeal against being wound-up - which seems rather odd to me if they want people to donate money before then.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Sounds to me that KTFC's management ought to have been far more pro-active in ensuring they got a written response from KC to the 'agreement' in the week leading up to last Monday's Court Hearing. They've only got themselves to blame.
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

I cannot believe what I am seeing on twitter and Facebook! Why are so many people donating money to them!
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I'm guessing that if they have the money then the judge will overturn the order? It's not like KC can hike the price up now I suppose. Maybe he's waiting to sting them with the ending of the lease, that could be way more than a piddling 70k.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

Fair play people trying to donate to save a losing cause.

I've had a great idea

As this has been such a great thread we should each donate £1 per comment we have made on this legendary desperate measures thread we have made to US on the diamonds website and then in return the club and give half what is raised to the Dale Roberts memorial fund. That we be 250 to our club and 250 to Dales fund

Two great causes!! ;)
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

sandringhamdiamond wrote:Fair play people trying to donate to save a losing cause.

I've had a great idea

As this has been such a great thread we should each donate £1 per comment we have made on this legendary desperate measures thread we have made to US on the diamonds website and then in return the club and give half what is raised to the Dale Roberts memorial fund. That we be 250 to our club and 250 to Dales fund

Two great causes!! ;)
Unless i`m reading this wrong I`ve got a minor issue with the maffs :o you may well be collecting a little bit more than £500 at £1 a comment, as this thread has 511 pages with an approx average of 8 comments per page :o Nett result you will end up with over £4000 in total :D on the negative side though Pigman & a few others will be like the topic of Desperate Measures WOUND UP & declared bankrupt by the end of the month :lol:
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

coolcuts wrote:I cannot believe what I am seeing on twitter and Facebook! Why are so many people donating money to them!
The thing is, that they are donating to KC's fund, not KTFC's, but they can't see it!
KTFC will get none of that money, and then Mr C will come out with the 25 year lease whammy, "pay up, I've got a contract" KC will not stop until he has his pound of flesh.

Sadact really did F**k up this time 8-)